Your opinions of my proposed sheath?

Have a Satin Jack Tac coming needs a sheath.So I'm thinking medium brown leather with thumb break retention strap,possibly a nice basketweave.Ya know the usual.But around back maybe a hidden pocket for a (future) skeleton Game Warden.

I'd like to know what ya'll think of my idea.Would it be too thick,bulky,heavy,etc.?

Thank You for your input.

Andy K

i have leatherman making me a wraparound gw sheath with straps. im gonna attach it to whatever large knive i am carrying so i dont have too much on my belt.

on the back may be hard to get to, otherwise very good idea.

i have leatherman making me a wraparound gw sheath with straps. im gonna attach it to whatever large knive i am carrying so i dont have too much on my belt.

on the back may be hard to get to, otherwise very good idea.

Yeah you're right it might be hard to get to.Maybe if I did a slight forward cant and used a lanyard? My inner mall ninja really wants to keep it hidden.

ak

i am against drawing a knife by pulling on a lanyard, but if it works for you then ok.

just wondering, why hide the little one when he big one is showing? by adding something to the back the sheath may hang kinda weird too.

unless it was covered completely, a profile view would reveal something on the back. your sheath may have to be about three inches thick to provide a completely obstructed view of the gw.

This could be risky but I've seen it just can't remember where.
The knife on the back side of the sheath was inverted and used a leather strap with snap that went through the handle of the knife witch was skeletonized as I remember it.
Any way it looked cool and handy.

Helle

i am against drawing a knife by pulling on a lanyard, but if it works for you then ok.

just wondering, why hide the little one when he big one is showing? by adding something to the back the sheath may hang kinda weird too.

unless it was covered completely, a profile view would reveal something on the back. your sheath may have to be about three inches thick to provide a completely obstructed view of the gw.

Thought it would be kind of cool and 007ish.I think with some clever leather smithing could be made to hang right.But there would be around a half inch extra depth between the thickness off the skelly and the extra flap of leather to deal with.

Maybe something like a false back that covered the entire width of the sheath? With just enough of the hilt sticking out so I can get my thumb inside the hollow of the hilt to draw the knife out? Of course it would never conceal perfectly but methinks only someone who knows what to look for would spot it.

I appreciate your constructive criticism.Keep it coming.

ak

This could be risky but I've seen it just can't remember where.
The knife on the back side of the sheath was inverted and used a leather strap with snap that went through the handle of the knife witch was skeletonized as I remember it.
Any way it looked cool and handy.

Helle

That actually seems like a great idea for drawing the hidey knife out.Might be a pain when I'd go to re-sheath it though.Due to an accident involving a farmers daughter and an automatic milking machine,my fingers were replaced with Jimmy Dean smoked sausages,somewhat limiting my dexterity. :D

ak

Back