1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

Your Preferences & Why ?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by TheMtnMan, Aug 6, 2017.

1. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    In O2W Part 1, or in general, in your Busse Familly do you try to have All Same handle colors (combos) ? Or many different once ?
    Till now all I been ordering Satin/Black Canvas and Grey/Bruiser.
    But in Part 2 I think im gona venture out.
    but the General goal remains the same, "Get as many Busse"s as I can" lol My Mission Statement
    Whats your plans ?

Ruckizha likes this.
  2. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Bruiser of course but first and foremost "I'll take it brotha" lol :D:p

Edited to say I'm with you on the branching out a bit. Have some black g10 and one tan&black and love them. Think I'm going to pass on most coated blades in OP2W2 and get multiples in the satin offerings like the one coming up for MMS. It that case I'll get different colors and one will sure be black canvas! :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  3. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2016
    2nds if sale falls thru.

I've had all the colours but now I am trying to stick with Black G10. It's just classic

4. TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    Oh man.... wrong forum.
    Im sorry Mods, please move if U can.

5. TheGrownUpKid

TheGrownUpKid Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Super likely 3rds

6. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Black Canvas.
    Especially Smoothed.
    Just looks sexy.
    Don't have a favorite coating color, easier to say the colors I don't like, I like most of the coating options except cerakote.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  7. erto

erto Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2015
    black & red G10 looks awesome!

8. J_mcrane

J_mcrane Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2013
    IMG_6540.JPG OI prefer black paper or g10 with tanker Grey.

lex2006 likes this.
  9. tomthebaker

tomthebaker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Satin or stripped with black canvas. Green linen is great, but hard to find.

10. fbusmc

fbusmc Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2008
    I really liked the old jungle green blade with black g10 or when they used olive drab g10..buy as time has gone by and usage of blades, ive come to like canvas. The maroon is really sharp lookinf, i thought i would like the green canvas, but it has so much whitish look until you get it nice and dirty, then the green starts coming out

11. nydude

nydude Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Interesting. I have a core collection of Combat Grades that are all coated blades on either black or tan canvas. I lay them out in size order and try to figure out which combo I don't have and where it should sit in the family. Like a collage. A very sharp and sometimes bloody collage. For instance my FSH and TG sit next to each other and happen to both be grey on black canvas, so the next blade I get in the 7-9 inch category, I'll try to get a different combo. Sure it's a bit compulsive but I like it. Would also love to see that old school matte jungle green come back as I think It would fit nicely with what I have, as well as more multi-colored canvas.

12. AZTimT

AZTimT KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    Bruiser G10 or Maroon Canvas work just fine when linen isn't an option. Not too into the red/black G10, but the maroon canvas is nice. There are some solid plum varieties and some whiter layered varieties that both look very nice.

13. dman62

dman62

Sep 27, 2010
    Tanker grey or muddy blades and black canvas or maroon micarta are my favorites. I'll probably be doing mostly the TG/Maroon combo this go around.

14. TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    Thanks for all replies.
    I was mostly curious if U guys order all knives in same combo or every knife in different combo ?

15. AZTimT

AZTimT KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    Anything I plan to strip I order wrapped in black. The handles really depend on how I am feeling at the time as well as the price. After all, sometimes that extra $80-110 for bruiser just doesn't sit well with the wallet. ;) I'm not really one who has to have everything the same... freedom is all about being able to make different choices each time so no stepford cookie cutters for this piglet.

Still Voracious likes this.
  16. Ladams19

Ladams19 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I have been getting mostly black blade with green/black G10 and tan/black G10. not much venturing out other than that. I was looking at all the blades awhile back and said to myself I should get into some other colors a bit. I did end up getting a green canvas with muddle brown blade off the forum and I really like the looks of it. Might consider something similar.

17. boring

boring Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2005
    normally if satin offered, orange and black g10. If not, then black or tanker blade and green and black g10. lately have passed because of higher priced g10. hard to justify, new blades same purpose. got a few. smatchet or infi gladius please. keep in mind the ohio guys pay 7% more than the rest of ya.

18. co556guy

co556guy

Dec 13, 2011
    Well, I'm sort of a hypocrite when I say this.............and I accept it as I've been subject to the secondary market for all of my Busse-kin purchases........

But I'm a fan of black handles & satin or parked blades. I've been considering satin-izing my current stock, but don't have the time.

I'm also very into FFG thinner knives, 3/16 spine and 3/4 ground is about perfect.

Really wish some BG knives would be done with parked SR-101. I've got 2 parked blades and it holds up well, is a finish I already take care of (rifles), and it's not hard to apply.

A SR-101 parked FFG TGLB would be tits, same for a boss jack.

19. bullpin

bullpin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Satin and snakeskin is where it's at. You pay quite a premium for this set up nowadays tho. Others would say it's not worth it. I look at it like beachfront property... they're not making anymore of it!!!
    Linen and tigerhide take a close second and third. Then the older black canvas.
    Satin, bbdc, with comp coming in third as far as blade preference.
    Today if I order its only satin and black canvas. Tho I did order a coaches edition can opener last week.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  20. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Black and Tan G10 was always my favourite handle material but on the older blades when the Black seems more pronounced. Now I tend to go for Black and Green G10 or Black G10 or just Black Canvas. I mix and match to taste.