1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your recent opinion on Nick Shabazz ?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Chapp, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Brawny

Brawny

Aug 6, 2018
    I'll admit, i can't get the slysz bowie out of my mind.
    This guy has been devastating to my piggy bank.

2. Rayray70

Rayray70

Jan 2, 2019
    I think Nick is fun to watch. I like him more than others BECAUSE of his annoying accent:). Nick, you have your work cut out to get me into watches. But, one of my favorite Nick quotes is "What kind of a monster only has 3 watches?!" I need one for me and my wife's first cruise (20 yrs of marital bliss:) )to have ship time though. I'm going cheap for the watch. I "need" that money for knifes!

3. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    That's exactly the image I thought of when I first heard Nick's voice. Sometimes I also pictured him the same but with a mustache.

Jim

jeepin likes this.
  4. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    Whenever I try and watch a shabazz review, this is who I picture [​IMG]
    And I cannot take anything he says seriously.

5. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Leave Nick Shabazz alone !!! Lol, you guys are killing me.:):):)

Ace Rimmer and orangejoe35 like this.
  6. NickShabazz

NickShabazz Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Good! You should never take too seriously any one voice in a community, or frankly, any one community. At best, a reviewer's take is a single data point, who you might or might not agree with. So, despite not being a fan, you're doing it right!

7. John_B

John_B

Mar 27, 2003
    WTF?

8. Cypress

Cypress Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2009
    This is legitimately correct.

I've bought and avoided knives based on your reviews. You seem to care about the same stuff that I do when it comes to ergonomics, features, and flaws. The fact that you talk for 30 minutes about a knife while simultaneously comparing it to other knives is hugely helpful for those of use that don't have access to stocked knife shops. The good, bad, and ugly section is great as well. I had a ZT 0456 in my cart before I watched your review on it, watched the review, then immediately removed it from the cart never to look back.

Now hurry up and do a review on the Spyderco Drunken so I can put that lust to rest ;)

KCDR, Cosmodragoon and cbrstar like this.
  9. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    There is a hidden genius in here. First, it’s correct. Second, it suggests a new direction for my channel. I will now go inflict severe psychological trauma on myself*, so I can be the first single reviewer to offer two points of view, by way of multiple personality/disassociative disorder.

#freshtake

*get into watches

palonej and NickShabazz like this.
  10. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    #1review18pointsofview

Banter 247 likes this.
  11. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    We think this is awesome!

orangejoe35, rxavage and Psy223 like this.
  12. Brawny

Brawny

Aug 6, 2018
    Reading this in my Mississippi accent just doesn't sound right

orangejoe35 likes this.
  13. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Based on his videos I’ve seen and love for knives he’s a good guy in my book :thumbsup:

14. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I said it before to Nick, and I am saying here again. Reviewers are people, and sometimes he (and others) annoys me with his "oh this is too big for my hands" "this is too stabby and murdery" "Everybody in the lunch room with dive for cover" but ultimately a review is a personal opinion, so nobody should ding him for it. He provides plenty of objective information that help with a purchase. In regards to his voice, watch "House of Wisdom" Reviews, talk about a voice I can't stand....sounds like a PBS Moderator talking about paint drying.

Brawny, falar and TheFactor like this.
  15. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    In short his voice is what makes Nick
    Nick and his originality and genuine down to earth reviews I respect very much .

Brawny and b00n like this.
  16. Alsharif

Alsharif Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2018
    I love your work, Nick :)

Brawny and TheFactor like this.
  17. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Nick Shabazz kept me from going insane when my back was super messed up. I was hurting so much the only thing I could do is lay on the bed and take serious painkillers. I set up my laptop to run Nick's reviews so I could listen while I was awake. Imagine drifting off to sleep listening to Nick's voice and then hearing his voice first thing when you wake up!

Hearing Nick's voice when your still half asleep is another issue. I wonder if that is why I now have stabby and murdery nightmares. My MD feels they will go away with time and maybe a little medication.

Seriously, Nick, your videos were a great help. Thanks.

18. htmn2054

htmn2054

Jul 25, 2018
    His reviews definitely have a place in the world of YouTube knife reviews for sure. I don't always agree with him and I think we have very different preferences as far as EDC blades, but that doesn't mean I can't learn things from watching his reviews. He amuses me with some of the verbage he uses and while he doesn't generally use his knives in the review videos, since almost every other reviewer does, that kind of sets him apart. My one criticism would be that he sometimes takes his preferences and says that makes that particular portion of the knife bad, but overall, I think he provides a unique viewpoint and I enjoy most of his reviews.

19. sliceofaloha

sliceofaloha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Nick helped me take apart and reassemble a PM2 and a ZT 0562 over the past week... mucho mahalo, Nick! That darn PM2 "D" pivot portion had me going a little bonkers as I didn't know it was there...

Alsharif likes this.
  20. cabdmd

cabdmd Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Funny how on his reviews he is very revealing, albeit not his appearance as if one cannot see his face and live. We do have opportunity to be entertained by his wit and erudition about whatever is on his table. Thus we learn and can deduce our own opinion. Nick, you’re a gem. Have yourself just a wonderful day.