Your traditional knives and your vehicles

Yes, I think my vehicle and knife choices pair nicely. My mom and my girlfriend both like to say that I have "Early Onset Old Man Syndrome" :rolleyes: (I'm 23)

So you can bet your bottom dollar that I drive a truck and carry a Case knife!

Here's my daily carry knife, a Case Texas Jack circa 1977. I bought it on Ebay all scratched up a few months ago. A couple hours and a few sheets of sandpaper later, here it is:

tzcG8VY.jpg

And my daily driver, a '98 GMC K1500. Just like the knife, there are many like it, but this one is mine. :thumbup: Bonus points if you can guess the where the pictures were taken! Hint: They're all in California.

Location One, this should be easy:
mNFoshv.jpg

nCfWNgw.jpg

Oops... Got stuck right at the end of the day on my way out, just as I was thinking "Hey, I didn't get stuck all day! " :foot: and put it in 2wd. What you can't see is that the waves were coming up to about 15 feet from the truck and the tide was coming IN! :eek: I had forgotten a shovel that day too, and just barely remembered to buy one at the hardware store about 10 minutes before hitting the sand. I hammed it up a bit just to mess with my girlfriend, but really getting out was no issue.

Pd0MvW9.jpg

Location Two, I'll take a general area since the exact spot doesn't really have a name... Look at the plants and the rocks... Another hint is that it's near two man-made sister lakes that the power company sends water back and forth between to generate electricity.

1fbDVlI.jpg

Location Three, going to be a tough one since it looks like pretty much anywhere else in Central California. One thing that does set it apart from the place that you're probably thinking of is how steep it all is. The lower two pictures were taken from the top of the background mountains in the picture with the truck of what's over the other side. We covered quite a bit of ground that day and not a single thing worth shooting! Didn't find a drop of water anywhere either, which is probably why. :thumbdn:

DCosSXv.jpg

jQ0npEd.jpg

XXnSoLB.jpg

This here is my toy vehicle. A 1986 Honda TR200 "Fatcat" that I got on a fix-it-keep-it deal from a cousin moving out of state. Don't even bother trying to guess where this one is, you'll never get it and it's top secret anyway. :p

GHar2Wh.jpg

2005 Ford F-150, best vehicle I have ever owned hands down. The only items I have had to repair, that were not normal wear and tear, was a catalytic converter and the radio. Pretty good for 142K miles.

There is a Buck Solitaire in the center console. ;)

I am seeing a few pickup trucks here, maybe that plays into my favor of traditional knives?
truck%20fishing1.jpg

AA%20Forge.jpg

and then theres this old beast that has sadly not had much attention lately
FJ40.jpg

boy&hisdogs Not sure about locations 1 and 3 but location 2 looks a lot like the Dinky creek area near Shaver lake.

IMG_1941.jpg

My everyday car is a Mazda 6 made in Japan and the best car I've ever had, no faults of any kind. But, why did I get metallic white?+ In our non winters, no snow now just made and ice it looks perma filthy

Here's a Frontier on the bonnet (hood I think you call it):D

Mind you, the summer ride is less reliable but rather more glorious:cool:

IMG_3315.jpg

boy&hisdogs Not sure about locations 1 and 3 but location 2 looks a lot like the Dinky creek area near Shaver lake.

Ohh so very close! That's on top of a cliff overlooking Wishon.I spent most of my childhood in that whole Shaver/Dinky/Wishon area and Dinky Lakes is probably my most favorite hike and fishing spots.

I believe It's between Wishon Res and Courtright Res which is near Dinkey Creek. Also near Dinkey Lakes Wilderness and the North Fork of the Kings River.

Ooops, missed your post above indicating overlooking Wishon Res. Love that area of the Central Sierras.

Last edited:
I believe It's between Wishon Res and Courtright Res which is near Dinkey Creek. Also near Dinkey Lakes Wilderness and the North Fork of the Kings River.

Ooops, missed your post above indicating overlooking Wishon Res. Love that area of the Central Sierras.

Correct as well! I didn't think anyone was going to get it, let alone two people just a few posts apart! This makes me really happy for some weird reason. :thumbup:

I'm also really surprised that location #1 wasn't the first one to get guessed, there's not many places in California where they let you drive on the beach.

Correct as well! I didn't think anyone was going to get it, let alone two people just a few posts apart! This makes me really happy for some weird reason. :thumbup:

I'm also really surprised that location #1 wasn't the first one to get guessed, there's not many places in California where they let you drive on the beach.

Dang, I almost said Pismo Beach for number 1! I went to school at Cal Poly, so know it welll.

I dunno. You tell me.

Daily driver

And play toy. I built it.

And here is an old sowbelly in a really bad photo of it.

Oh my God, I almost had a heart attack on that last pic. I grew up in my fathers auto upholstery shop around everything from soccer mom's vans, to celebrities cars that were going to Barrett Jackson. Oh, let him catch me with a pocket clip around cars, even today, probably why I carry slipjoints so often instead!

BTW, I'm driving an old hoopdee, to me anyway, a 2003 Silverado single cab with a small V8. I'm planning on getting a 2012 extended cab, standard 6' bed 5.3L V8 with 4WD.

And have my Case Bose Tribal Spear with ebony scales, a Case Bose Lannys Clip in chestnut bone, a Case Bose coffin jack in chestnut bone, a Case Damascus peanut from Carl, and my olive alox green Vic cadet.

OCD knows no bounds...

Oh my God, I almost had a heart attack on that last pic. I grew up in my fathers auto upholstery shop around everything from soccer mom's vans, to celebrities cars that were going to Barrett Jackson. Oh, let him catch me with a pocket clip around cars, even today, probably why I carry slipjoints so often instead!

Haha! Sweet. And that's is one reason I carry in pocket. I admit that I'm not perfect and sometimes carry my sebenza but never in the shop and rarely when I'll be driving

Headed to run some rrrands in the cobra today. Gotta drop a chainsaw off for repair (I could but just don't feel like it at the moment) and pick up some buffing pads. Green jigged bone 74 stallion accompanying me. And I sure wasn't gonna set that sharp sucker on the paint.

Haha. That is one of the several reasons I carry traditionals.

Off to run some errands. Green jigged 74 stallion coming along.

Where the heck am I gonna put a chainsaw in this thing?

Haha. That is one of the several reasons I carry traditionals.

Off to run some errands. Green jigged 74 stallion coming along.

Where the heck am I gonna put a chainsaw in this thing?

Where the heck am I gonna put a chainsaw in this thing? Don't Do It!! Step away from the vehicle with that chainsaw sir :D

Where the heck am I gonna put a chainsaw in this thing? Don't Do It!! Step away from the vehicle with that chainsaw sir :D

Lol

Actually it rode perfectly comfortable in the passenger seat in a towel. Had a good ride until the damn thrust bearing started making noise. Then stopped again. Eventually I'm either gonna fix it or finish breaking it and pull the motor.....

Back