1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your ugliest rat....

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Runs With SharpTings, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Runs With SharpTings

Runs With SharpTings

Mar 17, 2005
    Well now that the orginal line is gone and we're all waiting for the new line up(i hope they have scales) Whats the most beat up rat in your collection?

Mine is my HR. Its stripped, blunted tip. Been batoned through lots of wood, dropped in mud, rocks, opened many beers, used as a hand hold to climb out of the way from a sliding freezer. Its still kicking. Just used it on more wood.

Here's to the old line up.

I love my HR.

2. Cutshaw

Cutshaw Moderator Moderator

Aug 15, 2004
    Well, it would have been my RW but I stripped it, bought an OD RW later, then sold the satin.

Now? My Howling Rat too. It's in my EDC bag and I've used it on some embarrassing things. I've also shocked some people about the abilities of SRKW with this lil edc blade. The HR doesn't get a lot of press, but it is one ever-so-humble amazing knife. A Tac-HR (like the RW & RM) sure would have been nice... :rolleyes:

Now, say Tac-Howler three times and watch Troy appear like magic! :D

3. TNRat

TNRat

Sep 18, 2003
    [​IMG]

Y'all are really slacking. This thread is worthless w/o pics. :rolleyes: :D

4. Troy H

Troy H I'm always like this. Moderator

Jan 28, 2005
    Huh? Wha? :confused: :confused:

Now stop teasing me like that!! :grumpy: ;)

5. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    You guys USE your Rats!!??!!?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:p

6. Hongcock

Hongcock

Jan 3, 2006
    Hmm, my Bog Dog looks like it's new. I've used it to carve up a pig, chop frozen meat and bone, and carpentry (couldn't find my wood shaver). I know I don't beat my knife up like you guys, but it's the best user I have up to date (including my Busse).

7. Heavy

Heavy

Apr 6, 2005
    Hmm...My Rat Shaker 2 has seen a lot of work. So Has My Rat Tail...

My Most beat rat would be my Ratchet. Use it for everything.

This year though my RW will be with me on every camping trip...I will show no mercy...:thumbup: It will earn it's keep this year....

:D

8. Troy H

Troy H I'm always like this. Moderator

Jan 28, 2005
    Mine is my Ratweiler. :D

[​IMG]

Keep the pics and stories coming!! :thumbup:

:D

9. Heavy

Heavy

Apr 6, 2005
    random pic...

[​IMG]

10. Heavy

Heavy

Apr 6, 2005
    and another

[​IMG]

11. dniice87

dniice87

Jul 19, 2005
    since ive been at college forever so i dont get to play with my swamp rats as much as id like but my CT is the "ugliest"...although i kinda find her sexy...

[​IMG]

12. datsgor

datsgor

Sep 27, 2005
    I have no ugly rats...the more I use 'em, the better they look:D :thumbup:

13. Schuey2002

Schuey2002

Feb 25, 2003
    It's either that or my Busse's !!!! :eek: :eek:

My "ugliest rat" is my A2T Ratchet.. It's not really all that ugly per say, more than it's turnin' into a nudist. What with the finish comin' off it.. :(

14. Angelus1781

Angelus1781

Feb 22, 2003

You should see my ARK. Its naked, lost some tip, a few nicks out of the serrations....but its still razor sharp with factory edge. After the abuse I put it through tells me what I paid for.

My HR is a bit more used. Some handle scruffed up good, no orginal tip, no coating, no more factory grind. I love them both!

The factory sheath.........well it was strong enough to suspend me at work when I fell off a ladder. Wrapped right around a pole some how and kept me there. Course now its dead, and I need a new one. I think the factory sheaths are pretty tough themselves. Suppose to hold my knife and it kept my head from pavement.

15. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005
    [​IMG]
    my only rat right now, and I think it is beautiful.
    There will be much less finish on it come nice camping weather. It will be major batoning time.:thumbup:

16. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    Well, there ya go, didt ya hear the latest? ;) The Rats are the safe queens and the Busse's are the users! :D :cool: :p

17. Schuey2002

Schuey2002

Feb 25, 2003
    LOL!

It's getting to the point where Blade Babe should start to crank out her own line of knives that we can use...!! :eek: :eek: :D

18. RattlerXX

RattlerXX

Nov 7, 2000
    Damn, they are even more beautiful when well used.:D

I should have ordered that CT before all of this, but I had no idea. Steadily slamming my head on my desk.