YouTube 3 Kukri Field Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather in Alaska is now very good and so I went day camping.
I tested the Kukris from a previous video and of course a HI Kukri is included.
I learned a lot from this experience. Check it out.

YouTube 3 Kukri Field Test

Part 1
[video=youtube;WXfmsDTh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXfmsDTh[/video]

Part 2
[video=youtube;ZUsPQbC1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUsPQbC1[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I tried to be non-biased.
bush-obama2.jpg
Just like in politics. Photo of Bush Obama.

More reviews coming in Summer of Parangs and kukris.
Have a great day leebrewer.

You've got really cool videos on your Youtube channel. My name on there is: 1SGBrewer, just in case you didnt know it was me that subscribed to your stuff. Were you riding your bike in that snow Wild Man?

Just went to my channel (I'm bad at checking that) and did see you as 1SGBrewer.
I also noticed on your channel that your subscribers like to use knives, firearms, and whips and that's just the women.
women-buy-guns.jpg
I felt a little inadequate :D but I enjoyed learning some things on your site. Good luck my new friend.

Almost forgot to add, yes I rode about 2 3/4 miles to that park and fell down 3 times because of the ice on the road.
Could have taken a car but where's the fun in that :p?

Last edited:
Almost forgot to add, yes I rode about 2 3/4 miles to that park and fell down 3 times because of the ice on the road.Could have taken a car but where's the fun in that :p?

I wish I could have seen you falling. Haahaahaahaaha! :highly_amused: I'm glad you didnt get hurt Bro.

Very nicely produced videos. I must confess I was holding my breath during each demonstration with the onions. Still, it's nice to see the long blades can perform in the kitchen even, as you admit, they really aren't the best tool for the job.

fragmatic you hit the nail on the head. It was a little hard to control the long heavy blade of the Kukri.
These videos were a kind of "if you only had one knife then which one is better all around" test.
If anything was learned by the public viewing, I hope they understand to always bring a smaller knife with any big knife for the finer work.
big-knife.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice camera work and a very nice comparison. I have a Tirtha 18" Sirupate, my first real Khuluri, and I too have found it real handy or a variety of tasks. It also stained the blade when I used it to cut an onion, but a little Semichrome polish put it right. I would have appreciated more commentary in the comparison on things like balance, fitting your hand and how in control you felt while performing tasks with each blade. I know some of those would be subjective as, for instance, we all have different sized hands, but it may provide a more uniform basis of comparison.

I would have appreciated more commentary in the comparison on things like balance, fitting your hand and how in control you felt while performing tasks with each blade.
I understand and a commentary in script form will be posted in a day or two (you have good timing). I try not to talk too much lately in my videos because of the hearing impaired audience. They have told/email me that they have difficulty with this.
Hearing impaired TaylaReynolds.jpg
Leaving details in an after test report seems to work better. The 3 Kukri Field Test script will be post here in the HI Cantina by Monday, April 16th Lord willing.
Thank you for your complements :). You have a Tirtha 18" Sirupate. That's a great one, mine is made by Rajendra kami I believe and I like it a lot.

Wow! I didnt know how versatile a khukuri was, thanks for the review.
Semper Fi1985 I didn't either and for 20 years disbelieved the stories I heard while young and in the Navy. About a year ago after trying so many machetes, big knives, a lot of the different Cold Steel products finally tried a Khukuri House Kukri and the rest is history. Sold or gave away many of the blades I had, keeping the machetes for Central and South American trips.
Merrils Maruders BURMA 1.jpgMerrils Maruders BURMA.jpg
Pictures above: Merrils Maruders in BURMA with Khukuris.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back