YouTube Vid on the effectiveness of the TDI LE

Over the last few months I have been interested in getting a push dagger for use at work. I carry a folder now, but I do not like it. Well, initially I was not interested in the TDI Law Enforcement blade but, after looking at the knife a little closer I am convinced this knife is the one I need. I saw this video on YT and thought I'd post it here for your edification. It features a class on the TDI knife by the creator John Benner. It's very interesting seeing the results.

If this is a repost, I apologize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZivRcSnPyw

I have been looking at them since they came out but still have not committed. The part of the vid where they go into deployment drills is very interesting and I have shown it to people to bolster the argument that a small to medium sized fixed blade is invaluable on your hip even if your needs are not "tactical."

This blade is very purpose built. Basically its a tool to use if you have to "cut" someone off of you, but this does not mean that it would not be a good companion type EDC fixed blade. The handle design will probably give you a lot of leverage in your cut, while giving you the ability to pierce/stab with a locked wrist. Also with the sheath design/mounting options you can probably quickly and safely deploy, cut, then come back to retention, once again, a valuable asset when EDCing a fixed blade.

One of these is definitely on my short list. (why does it always seem that your short list is actually pretty long, lol)

I agree the use of the TDI is very specific, and TDI makes no other claim than as a self defense tool. I carry my 14 edc, and would not stop, but I want a TDI for my work.

My short list is long too Brother. Mainly due to funding, LOL

I agree the use of the TDI is very specific, and TDI makes no other claim than as a self defense tool. I carry my 14 edc, and would not stop, but I want a TDI for my work.

My short list is long too Brother. Mainly due to funding, LOL

Same here, typically have to wait on a occasion/holiday before I can pick one up, but the beauty to that is I get to really think and research before buying, and since they were presents it makes them special.

If you are straight up looking for a push dagger for defense you have a few options, and I dont want to complicate things... but...Benchmade Adamas push blade D2 steel. Cold Steel has a line of push blades in AUS8A. I have one and let me tell you the tip on that sucker is hypodermic. Very nasty.

but either of these options are going to run you more than a TDI and neither of them say KA-BAR on the blade so...... :D

Roger that, LOL. The BM I was looking at, while handy, was god awful expensive ($99.00) and I'm really liking the TDI LE knife at this point.....because its KB

You shouldn't need to wait to long to buy one unless $ are really tight, as they are seriously affordable. I like mine, and love the ankle sheath as an alternative way to carry it when I want a blade on me and don't care to have it on a belt, aka, when I'm dressed up going out. Of course, you bter know your concealed weapons carry laws before you sport one ankle style. Bonus, with very little effort, the ankle rig also accommodates the BK11/14/24 sheath. Love that for camping.

Don't rule it out as a utility knife!

I carried mine for quite a while as a work blade. It was very handy for lighter work like opening boxes or cutting rope and was very discreet on the job.

If you have the funds I would still suggest you also get one of the larger coldsteel pushdaggers. The safemaker 1 is chisel ground with a flatback and the sheath has a lot of retention
(can be worn upside down no problem), The safemaker 2 is traditional Dagger ground on both sides, is a little more broad but a little shorter, sheath has less retention.

That said, TDI looks like a beast too. I just think pushdaggers are highly underrated in general especially for the uses you are thinking of. I can't think of a more devastating design for the size.

I agree with you. I'd still like to get a pushdagger, and I did look at the CS ones, but couldn't commit. I'm not totally sure why

Back