YOUTUBE Video Contest!!

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
OK guys. Firstly, let me be honest about the motivation for this contest. I want to increase my visibility on Youtube, and within the Youtube knife community, which I hear is robust! The second reason for this contest is to sell knives to potential contestants. So, flat and honest, the contest is about exposure and sales for Fiddleback Forge.

I see the success Mike Snody is having on Youtube, and I want to get a little of that market for myself, but I'm no video maker, and need to be spending my time making knives. Mike is a pioneer IMO. I was lucky enough to meet him at the Vegas Show, was very excited to get the chance, and was thoroughly impressed. I'm not saying for y'all to immulate Mike's video style. Frankly, I could care less what style your video is, but I want to encourage adding production value, as without it, I doubt your video will have a chance to win.

The WINNER is going to get a Woodsman with Stabalized Wood Scales. I've already chosen the piece, stabalized White Oak crotch that I've been saving for a while for a special project, and let me tell you that it is spectacular.

The rules are that you must make a Youtube Video doing Bushcraft type work with a Fiddleback knife. Doesn't have to be a tutorial. Doesn't really have to be anything specific, or any specific length, but it has to feature a Fiddleback Forge knife. For all I care you can show how your Fiddlebacks cut ribbon at ceremonies, or bikini strings away from lovely trapped swimmers that you are rescuing. Please keep them family friendly-ish though.

To Win!!! 1. You have to have a screenshot of the date and time your video is uploaded, and a screenshot of your view count two weeks later. This is your responsibility. Without these two pieces of information, your entry does not count. The view count is going to count for 25% of your final score. The reason for this is that you can, and please don't, up your count by constantly viewing your video.

The remainder of your score is going to be based on community participation. That is, the # of comments you get from users on Youtube. Actual proof of market concept. You'll also need some kinda screenshot as proof of this at the end of your two weeks to qualify.

THE DEADLINE!!! I want to start the contest on my birthday, February 2nd 2010. Two weeks later, its over. This gives folks a LOT of time to get your Fiddlebacks in hand!!! So order freely!

If you'd rather not compete, but wanna make a video and post it at Youtube, I'll give everyone who does this 10% off their next knife! That includes all entrants who do not win!

So. Have at it. This is the thread for updates!! Have fun.

EDITED to add: We need ten participants minimum for this to run.

Last edited:
Seems like good business sense to me. I don't have a Fiddleback or a video camera so I'm out of this one. Can't wait to see the videos though.

I might be in if I get one of these knives Tal is designing. Sounds awesome!

EDIT: I'm in for sure, I'll will have a Fiddleback by Feb.

PS. Andy, you e-mail box is full!

Last edited:
Wonder if my wife let me spank her with my bow legged chopper on video. hmmmm...unlikely...but worth a shot. :)

I might be in if I get one of these knives Tal is designing. Sounds awesome!

EDIT: I'm in for sure, I'll will have a Fiddleback by Feb.

PS. Andy, you e-mail box is full!

You mean my PM box? Here's the e-mail:

andy at fiddlebackforge dot com
or
fiddlebackforge at att dot net

Wonder if my wife let me spank her with my bow legged chopper on video. hmmmm...unlikely...but worth a shot. :)

You've really got to be more descriptive in these ideas so that we can really flesh them out here on the forums....:p

You mean my PM box? Here's the e-mail:

andy at fiddlebackforge dot com
or
fiddlebackforge at att dot net

You've really got to be more descriptive in these ideas so that we can really flesh them out here on the forums....:p

No I got an e-mail back that I sent to andy@fiddleback. Said full inbox, I'll try again. I'm excited about this knife.

Remember that contest video's are to be posted on Feb 2, 2010. 10% discount video's may be posted anytime.

Well...my wife is okay with doing a spanking performance test, as long as she gets to test how well the blade skins husband. That would be a nice little combo on video. Checking into the cost of skin grafts...weighing the options.

Well, its worth the cost, though, I probably will be tuning out after the spanking....

Well...my wife is okay with doing a spanking performance test, as long as she gets to test how well the blade skins husband. That would be a nice little combo on video. Checking into the cost of skin grafts...weighing the options.

If your worried about the skinning, I could spank her with my Bow Legged Joe.:eek::cool::D

great idea andy! ill have to get to stropping my bush jr up i got a bunch of kindling to make! :)

I now have a Bow Legged Joe and will participate in this one!!!!

I'll have to get creative

Back