Yvsa...my great friend and shining light...has walked West.

Smoke and condolences to Yvsa's family and friends.

Smoke.jpg

mohd

Walks West, into the dimming light
Guided hand to wasp waisted knife
Sent much smoke these last few days
Looks at self and my lifes ways

Thank you friend for many things
Sweat lodge, voice that sings
May we meet in a finer place
You have left a noticed space.

I'll miss you Sir.

Mark

When I first joined BF, the folks here changed my life. Yvsa was among them. I will miss him even though we hadn't spoken in a long while.

I am saddened to learn that Yvsa has left us and now walks the Spirit path. Hs words have enriched many of us here on the forums and will continue to do so.
May his journey continue in peace. Prayers for comfort to Barb and the other members of his family.

Ysva my brother, you will be missed, smoke and prayers out to you and your family, you were always there for me, wish I coulda been there for you.

Smoke and prayers. We're blessed he gave so much of himself to friend and stranger alike.

Last edited:
When I first joined BF, the folks here changed my life. Yvsa was among them. I will miss him even though we hadn't spoken in a long while.

Young man, you just keep on going the way you have been going, and I believe Yvsa would be (will be) very happy.:):thumbup:

Damn. :(

Uncle Yvsa sent me a medicine pouch, on my last deployment. He shared some painful memories and commiserated when I broke up with Jordy.

I'm glad his pain is over.

John

I am saddened, and yet, I know he walks in peaceful, pain free comfort.
Thank you Yvsa, for your kindness, wisdom, patience, and warm heart.
May you rest dry and warm.

Mark

He will be missed forever. I hate the pain that he lived with for so long. It's sad the Earth will no longer feel his footsteps.

Very sad to hear this. Yvsa was a good friend, and always had interesting things to say.

He'll be missed, but lives in the memories of his many friends and leaves a legacy of enriching the community through his insights.

I just saw this, very saddened to hear of it. He was good people, and will be missed. Please pass my condolences along to his family.

It was so strange to read this today and very sad. I don't get on the forums as much anymore and don't participate on Himalayan Imports forum, although I still lurk. Yesterday however, I was searching the web for Khukuri information and pulled up an old post of his with Uncle Bill and Rusty and then when I was looking at a new model on one of the Nepalese Khukuri sites, they had one copied from HI and even called it the Cherokee, with a little different spelling and said it was designed by Ysva. I was wondering if he knew or gave his permission and started wondering if he was still around. My search today on the forum led me to this sad news. I always enjoyed his posts and hate to hear he has passed.

Back