YVSA??? Status...Oklahoma weather and you?

Has anyone heard from my favorite Cherokee out there in Oklahoma? The ice storms pretty much beat up the entire state, from what I've seen.

Hope you have power, Friend...electrical and spiritual.

wacherass.

Kis
enjoy every sandwich

All of my family in OK is without power and huddled up with those that have gas heat... They are all in the Shawnee area... I wanted to deliver a generator, but was told they would not let me through... So sad...

My family went through this in '94 and we were without power for 2 weeks...

Smoke for all of those that are going through this...

Has anyone heard from my favorite Cherokee out there in Oklahoma?
There's been a noticeable lack of funny emails here and posts on other forums for several days. Smoke for Oklahoma from Texas (never thought I'd say that!).

can't speak for Yvsa...but here in NW Arkansas...we had a pretty decent ice storm the other morning....but melted away by midday. *shrug*

from a mutual and GREAT friend..(Nasty)...

they are in a shelter along with 190,000 other Tulsa residents

and content to stay there until things improve.

Good news/bad news sorta thing.

Hang in, Yvsa, Barb, and Ace !!!

Kis
enjoy every (shelter) sandwich.

wow....kinda crazy....hope everything turns out ok...

I will add my prayers...

1-2' coming Sat. night through Monday am out this way.

take care,

Tom

I move back to Quebec city this weekend.

12 inches of snow are planned to fall :s

Send smoke to melt that snow.

GLWeeks, I live on the NW side of OKC and have several friends in the Shawnee area who have been without electricity since Sunday. I heard today that they are starting to get the power restored there slowly but surely.

I'm not sure who told you that you wouldn't be allowed into the area to bring supplies but they were mistaken. If your relatives still need something let me know. I'll see what I can do from this end. The travel has not been restricted into your out of this area. It was just very difficult to get around those first couple of days.

Tonight they are saying we may get anywhere from 2-10 inches (don't you love weathermen?) of snow over the next 24-48 hrs.

Making his chile verde recipe tonight, thinking of him in the process. That's got to help, right?

I live in Ft Gibson, close to Muskogee and everything is okay here. Mostly the Northeastern Part of the state got hit.

Checking the weather around shawnee shows it will be warming up but still hitting in the 20's in the early morning.

I hope he's well.

I'm in Quebec city. See for yourself
is_satrad_na_ca_on_all_en.jpg

Just got a quickie email. He and Barb are home. Intact. Got some stories...but nothing horrific.

Good news.

Kis
enjoy every sandwich

Back