ZDP-189 Delicas Shipped

Whee! I have been told that these have been shipped to me as of yesterday. At last!

I collect Delicas. I never pre-ordered since the caly zdp was around so long.

So I could not get one the first time around . i got on a couple lists for the second batch, and yesterday got an e -mail that mine will be here tomorrow !!

I only got one so as not to be greedy , so its going to be a collection piece only, which is ok since I carry larger knives as a rule.

Now a zdp endura..........

I preordered in January, when I first read of the sprint run. I had been away from the computer for 6 weeks prior to that. When I did order, I ordered 2, one for me and one as a belated Christmas gift for a friend. It turned out to be really belated.;)

I was on a wait list at NGK for a ZDP Delica, and didn't hold out much hope that I'd make the cut, as it was such a popular knife.

Just got a call from them, they had one for me, and it ships today!

Glock27 said:
NGK's price was $68 and change + $6 and change to ship....~$75 delivered.
G27
Crazy low price. I bet they could have sold every one they got for MSRP.

I got mine, and I'm hesitant to use it. Still in the box for now.

Steven Roos said:
Crazy low price. I bet they could have sold every one they got for MSRP.

I got mine, and I'm hesitant to use it. Still in the box for now.
I cannot see that. If you're afraid to use a knife, why bother?

I got mine today, too!
post-1-1152827524.jpg

FullerH said:
I cannot see that. If you're afraid to use a knife, why bother?
I'd just be bummed if I couldn't get another if something happened to it. I'll get over it.

My two arrived last night and they are all that people have claimed for them. I was surprised at how hefty they feel in my hand, but then I remembered that they have embedded steel liners on both sides. These are super knives, Sal. Thanks. I am certain that my friend will appreciate his as much as he has appreciated the CPM 440V Native that I gave him many years ago.

I just got back from the lunch where I gave my friend his Delica. he was very pleased with it and very grateful.

I also took out my BM toolkit and changed the clip from tip-up to tip-down carry on mine.

I just received the ZDP delica I ordered. What type of screws are holding on the clip? I thought they were just an allen screw but I guess are some type of star screw. Thanks!

Five Rings said:
I just received the ZDP delica I ordered. What type of screws are holding on the clip? I thought they were just an allen screw but I guess are some type of star screw. Thanks!

From what I've seen they're Torx screw heads. Possibly a #6 Torx bit will fit.

Back