ZDP/Carbon Fiber Caly 3 Impressions

dodgeem33

Gold Member
Some Initial thoughts...I just opened the fedex containing my new Caly 3 ZDP/CF and I have to say it is a work of art. I thought that my BG-42 Millie was as close to custom as any factory could produce but I was wrong. It's by far the sharpest knife out of the box I have ever handled anf the action is like butta!

I have my eyes on this beauty too. I looked at it at the Spyderco store here in Denver. What's you impression of the durability of the carbon handle? I wonder if it will look sweet after wearing a while. Nice choice and good luck with your new beauty!

m6ttl

What's you impression of the durability of the carbon handle? I wonder if it will look sweet after wearing a while.

m6ttl

I've had mine for almost a month. I've tried rubbing the CF pretty hard to see if it would come off or fade, but it doesn't seem to effect it.

If it's any help... my wife EDC'd a CF D3 for over a year and there is no wear showing on the handle. She did keep it in a Benchmade pouch in her purse, but from the use it got opening boxes, cutting tape and strapping material, and working around the house, the handle shows no wear... looks like new.

I thought it was suppose to be the grippy CF, just not as grippy as the Military.
I have one heading my way, I'll let ya know. :)

Blades

It's smooth, but not polished. The CF harpys have that gloss finish, this is more of a matte finish, much smoother than the BG-42 Mille but more grip than the CF harpy...does that make sense?

It's smooth, but not polished. The CF harpys have that gloss finish, this is more of a matte finish, much smoother than the BG-42 Mille but more grip than the CF harpy...does that make sense?

Yep.
Thanks!!

Blades

Back