ZDP Delica Arrived!

Got the Delica ZDP-189 in the mail today. I have a gen 3 and a flatground Delicas and this one is definitely heavier than both. Does the ZDP model have a thicker blade than the gen 4 saber ground blade in VG-10? I'm liking the British Racing Green color. Just a subtle difference from the black. When I first opened it and ran my thumb over the blade (yeah, I'm one of those people) I thought it was pretty dull but it shaved hair. Think I'm going to really like this one. Who am I kidding, I've haven't gotten a Spyderco yet I didn't like. Got it for a smokin deal at fifty bucks to boot. Day after I got it the price went to seventy four. Life is good!

Got the Delica ZDP-189 in the mail today. I have a gen 3 and a flatground Delicas and this one is definitely heavier than both. Does the ZDP model have a thicker blade than the gen 4 saber ground blade in VG-10? I'm liking the British Racing Green color. Just a subtle difference from the black. When I first opened it and ran my thumb over the blade (yeah, I'm one of those people) I thought it was pretty dull but it shaved hair. Think I'm going to really like this one. Who am I kidding, I've haven't gotten a Spyderco yet I didn't like. Got it for a smokin deal at fifty bucks to boot. Day after I got it the price went to seventy four. Life is good!

That sounds like a really good deal. Personally, I probably would have just waited for the ffg ones. I know the endura is already shipping I think, and the delica is probably not far behind, but if you don't mind saber ground then go for it! You will definitely enjoy that blade. Especially in the ZDP because it has the really good edge holding abilities. Any of the delicas are just great edc implements. I'm getting a Stretch 2 in vg10 that is coming in the mail, so I am really excited about that! Like you said, there hasn't been a spyderco product that I've been displeased with! :)

The stretch is on my list to. I have a Caly 3 with the flatground laminated ZDP. Highly recommend, workmanship is beautiful, it is scary sharp and it stays that way a long time.

I got mine in the mail yesterday too, weird. It sounds like you got it from Cutlery Shoppe because I got mine for that same price. Jeff put it on sale due to having overstock and I had to get one. I don't think the blade is thicker but the thickness definitely runs further up towards the tip, as I'm sure you can see with your won eyes.

Mine is on par with the sharpest knives I have ever received. The edge was toothy, as they always come from the factory, but it was scarily sharp.

Back