ZDP Dragonfly's clip gets loose

It's a friend's knife. He says he was lucky to find the clip when it actually fell off. Now he complains it loosens easily. See, he uses his dragonfly as a money clip (where's the rolleye smilie?)

Anything to help the poor guy?

Here's the roll eye smile : :rolleyes:

OK that didn't help as much as I had hoped.
When it comes to amateur mechanics I find about everybody goes weenie arm when it comes to tightening stuff down. They don't want to break it, they don't want to strip it.
I have broken and stripped enough stuff and had enough stuff come loose that I know how tight to make things and it is tighter than most think (and that sometimes torque specs can be miss prints . . . hahahaha).
Get him a high quality torx wrench / driver, a good quality new screw . . . and . . .
tighten that sucker down dude.
A little loctite wouldn't hurt. Purple or blue. Hell some chewing gum in a pinch.
;)

IMG_3304.jpg
IMG_3521.JPG

It seems like it's likely loose because he's bending the clip by using it as a money clip and also that the screw is coming loose if the clip is coming off. As somebody else said, a little Locktite (blue) would solve that problem. As far as bending it due to using it for an unintended purpose... learn to live with it or stop doing it.

The clip can be tightened by removing it and closing up the "U" part of the clip with pliers a little. It's obvious when you have it removed. And go gently and carefully. It takes very bending to get the clip tension back.

Back