ZDP Endura ...

will it have a solid or laminated blade? I can't seem to find it using a search. Sorry if this has been done before.

How are the delicas holding up?

It seems that a solid ZDP blade is prefered?

Why?
Is it more stainless than a laminated ZDP blade?
Is it more though than a laminated blade or could it snap at less pressure?
Where there problems with the laminated ones?
Was the ZDP-core to thin?

I haven't followed the case, maybe you can bring me up to speed?

I'm realy considering the ZDP Caly3

It seems that a solid ZDP blade is prefered?

Why?
Is it more stainless than a laminated ZDP blade?
Is it more though than a laminated blade or could it snap at less pressure?
Where there problems with the laminated ones?
Was the ZDP-core to thin?

I haven't followed the case, maybe you can bring me up to speed?

I'm realy considering the ZDP Caly3

I don't think there is a case to follow Neo, just personal preferences and biases. For example, some do not care for a lamination line that isn't exactly perfect. :rolleyes:

also a strength issue...

but I actually like laminated blades....like those used in Japanese Kitchen knives....I would like Spyderco to do a folding Santoku with laminated ZDP or VG10 or aogami blue steel blade....with jigane damascus laminate. Yum!!!

when is the Endura ZDP coming out again? I need a PE and a SE badly!!!

Actually, laminated or solid is determined by whether or not the Seki contractor Spyderco uses for a particular knife has a laser cutter (required to cut solid ZDP-189 blanks).

also a strength issue...

but I actually like laminated blades....like those used in Japanese Kitchen knives....I would like Spyderco to do a folding Santoku with laminated ZDP or VG10 or aogami blue steel blade....with jigane damascus laminate. Yum!!!

when is the Endura ZDP coming out again? I need a PE and a SE badly!!!

Perhaps a strength issue, but I don't recall any posted strength issues with a laminated ZDP Spydie...so perception again. YVMV. :)

If Fallkniven got it right the laminated ones should be stronger than the solid ones.

I have A William Henry in zdp. Very nice, but was wondering what a solid one would be like. I should check out the delica.

I believe all laminates will have structural weakness...probably not perceptible or felt during normal use but over the years?

I'm basing it on "kobuse" style nihonto....some of them will "delaminate" or have openings....(of course, these are hundreds of years old)...

Back