Zero Collateral Damage

Fighting smart:thumbup:

•July 15: Three days after the war began, a source tipped off U.S. intelligence about an imminent shipment of missiles from Iran to Hezbollah.

•July 19: A spy satellite photographed Iranian crews loading three missile launchers and eight crates, each normally used to carry a Chinese-designed C-802 Noor missile, aboard a transport plane at Mehrabad air base near Tehran. Israel says Hezbollah fired a C-802, a precision-guided anti-ship cruise missile, at an Israeli warship off Lebanon's coast on July 14.

•July 20: The Ilyushin Il-76 transport plane left for Damascus, but Iraqi air-traffic controllers denied it permission to enter Iraq's airspace. The Iranian flight crew then requested permission to fly over Turkey. Turkish controllers granted permission — but only if the plane would land for an inspection. The plane returned to Tehran, where the military cargo was unloaded.

•July 22: The plane flew humanitarian aid to Damascus after stopping for inspection in Turkey.

Though the missiles were not visible in the satellite photos, the launchers and specialized crates with distinctive shapes allowed U.S. analysts to identify the missile type, the intelligence officials said.

Full story here:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-08-17-iran-missiles_x.htm

I had a thought. In another universe, an alternate version of our current 'reality', we could be living in one where Hollowdweller was the chief of security for the CIA.

munk

We could sure use some better security info - and people up on top who listen to their generals and listen to the CIA.

We are not getting it now.

I think that Hollow would make a great head of the CIA - but I wouldn't wish that on any member of this forum.

If only we could figure out a way to make charged particle beam weapons to mount on the satellites.

"We got a bogey"
ZAP!!!
"Target neutralized".:D

Frank

Back