Zero convexed a ratweiler today

Ndocyk

Gold Member
been practicing grinding for a few years now and figured I show a blade I did today. This is a ratweiler 3/16 that I moved the saber line up more closer to the spine. I wasn't a fan of how the factory grind line didn't stay a constant distance from the edge as it got closer to the tip and the geometry became much thicker ground so I took care of that. Anyway here she is.

Attachments

• IMG_2255.JPG
    IMG_2255.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2256.JPG
    IMG_2256.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2257.JPG
    IMG_2257.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2258.JPG
    IMG_2258.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 116
Here's another. It's hard to get a good picture because of the reflection.

Attachments

• IMG_2262.JPG
    IMG_2262.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 60
Thanks guys. I'll start doing it for people if they're interested.

We're very lucky to have SO MANY great service providers and craftsmen to choose from here on Busse on BF...

I bought a blade that was reground by Nick, and I can vouch that he did an AWESOME job on it!

hfbkblF.jpg

FgdLCE7.jpg

l2iEwSb.jpg

Yes, it's the 3/16. This thing is laser sharp now. I love busse & kin designs and with improved cutting geometry it takes an already great knife to the next level.

Yes, it's the 3/16. This thing is laser sharp now. I love busse & kin designs and with improved cutting geometry it takes an already great knife to the next level.

You know when you make a modification to a knife, and then when you inspect it, you kind of nod your head and think hell yeah......this one has that kind of feel to it, like that's how it was meant to be. Nicely done :cool:

Very nice. I had a SARsquatch that I convexed a while back, about a year ago. The thread is still around I bet.

Have any advise for the tip?

I can't really explain it. It took me years to really figure out, I just do it by feel. The way I do it the tip is still nice and strong and doesn't get thinned too much.

Attachments

• IMG_2265.PNG
    IMG_2265.PNG
    401.5 KB · Views: 14
That is a great job you did! I have a 1/4in Ratweiler and would love to have it look like that. Well done!

Great looking work!

Back