1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Zero Tolerance Boxes

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Wolfjohn, Mar 8, 2019.

1. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    That would be a good explanation!

The knife looks pretty genuine to me as well. I like Jeffs explanation. Somebody bought the knife, tossed the box, send it back for service/sharpening, possible before selling it and KAI/ZT tossed it into a generic box. Might be worth asking them since it could be useful information for others.

2. Wolfjohn

Wolfjohn Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2002
    Thank You, everyone. I truly appreciate your input on this issue.

mqqn likes this.
  3. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Possible fake
    [​IMG]

Legit

[​IMG]

I can't say for sure but the possibility of that being a fake may be true. Look at the differences. Look at the choil where the quote Dlc end quote looks weird. Look at where the white letters align.

They may have use different Lazer inscription between the two being the serials are fairly far apart. But other than those things I can't tell much difference. Send it to zt. If it's fake they may dispose of it though.

So I can't say for certain one way or another.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  4. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    An apparently good call based on all that's been shown/said above. I have an authentic 0200 that looks like the one pictured as well.

The main tip off for fake boxes for recently produced knives (especially those made by Kershaw, ZT and/or Spyderco) is that they do not have the name, model $ and bar code printed on it.

So, I will no longer buy (or will return) any knife made by those companies (or others) that does not come in a properly marked box because, although I have received authentic knives in questionable boxes, I have not yet received a fake knife in a properly marked box.