Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

That's what I thought:

The 223 is a joke (I thought someone was passing off a gas station knife as ZT), and the 022 is a cute novelty item. That's not much to carry a brand for a year, which is why most local retailers have repurposed their ZT shelf space.

n2s

That's what I thought:

The 223 is a joke (I thought someone was passing off a gas station knife as ZT), and the 022 is a cute novelty item. That's not much to carry a brand for a year, which is why most local retailers have repurposed their ZT shelf space.

n2s

Slim pickings in ZT land!

I don’t visit retail knife stores or even those that carry other than kitchen knives. When you say “most retailers have repurposed their ZT shelf space” which stores and which brands are taking over shelf space from ZT?

Slim pickings in ZT land!

I don’t visit retail knife stores or even those that carry other than kitchen knives. When you say “most retailers have repurposed their ZT shelf space” which stores and which brands are taking over shelf space from ZT?

In my area, it is mostly Benchmade.

n2s

Update for the first post:
0303 Gen 1
0303 Gen 2

10fEDkO.jpg

Excluding Sprint Runs these are the new 2019 regular production / catalog knives:

0393GLCF (variation on 0393)
0460TI (variation on 0460)

The ZT0562TI was actually a 2019 release as well!

That's what I thought:

n2s

I find this funny. The 223 has not been as great of a seller as other past new ZTs but it is still selling. The number one comment when folks come in our store and look at it is that it is way better in person than in pictures. The ZT0022 is, and has since day one, been a hot seller for us. Between these, the 393GLCF, ZT0460TI, and ZT0562TI that came out in 2019 we have had no choice but to increase our display case to show these off. I guess it all depends on where your store is located.

Well, Not sure I should admit this....but... With all the negative attention the 223 has gotten, it does make me look at it each time. Maybe I'm warming up. I think at the right price (and $300 is not it), I may be tempted to try it out. I also think that a scale change could really increase it's overall "first impression" value. The right look could help me overlook the speed holes. Maybe wood? Maybe actual leather simulating a stack? I don't know.

So....am I serious, or did I smoke a bit too much today? :D

The ZT0562TI was actually a 2019 release as well!

I find this funny. The 223 has not been as great of a seller as other past new ZTs but it is still selling. The number one comment when folks come in our store and look at it is that it is way better in person than in pictures. The ZT0022 is, and has since day one, been a hot seller for us. Between these, the 393GLCF, ZT0460TI, and ZT0562TI that came out in 2019 we have had no choice but to increase our display case to show these off. I guess it all depends on where your store is located.

I think ppl classify the 0022 as a fidget toy to fast. It's a really nice very small flipper. Perfect for watch pocket or gym shorts or what have you. With all the different ways you guys do them up its no surprise they sold well.

They'd sell a lot of 022's in CA if they converted it into an auto.

I'd buy one just for the novelty and ability to carry it legally here BUT, absent an auto feature, it's way too small a knife for me to even consider owing or carrying. Heck, the 022 is even smaller than the 0900 that I tried to sell before and still have my doubts about keeping but the 0900 is still way more compelling to me to keep than the 022 is to buy.

Last edited:
I think ppl classify the 0022 as a fidget toy to fast. It's a really nice very small flipper. Perfect for watch pocket or gym shorts or what have you. With all the different ways you guys do them up its no surprise they sold well.

I agree with this. The 0022 has been a great knife in my lineup. And with the stiff detent and light blade, it nearly is automatic. Talk about a rocket action. So fidget toy or not, it has great utility. The little guy walks and talks a pretty big game.

Well, Not sure I should admit this....but... With all the negative attention the 223 has gotten, it does make me look at it each time. Maybe I'm warming up. I think at the right price (and $300 is not it), I may be tempted to try it out. I also think that a scale change could really increase it's overall "first impression" value. The right look could help me overlook the speed holes. Maybe wood? Maybe actual leather simulating a stack? I don't know.

So....am I serious, or did I smoke a bit too much today? :D

Conspiracy theory: all the haters are just crapping on the knife in hopes of snapping one up cheap after the model is discontinued.

In case people are curious the ZT 0223 has landed here in Germany and the cheapest price is ~330$ (300 Euro). And no, I am not buying one. I am thinking about getting a Smock once they are in stock again.

According to BHQ the 0801ti is being discontinued and the price has been lowered accordingly.

Last edited:
I saw a 223 in the wild today at the LGS...just as fugly as I thought it looked on the screen. The build quality looks top notch, but that design...yeesh. I'm holding out for a 4" fixed blade in 2020, I guess.

Back