Zippo's hatchet-saw-mallet

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
Sorry if this has been posted before.

Zippo's hatchet-saw-mallet: http://www.gizmag.com/zippo-hatchet-saw-mallet-multitool/23583/pictures

zippo4-in-1-4.jpg

Meh. I'll get excited when I can buy one and either enjoy it or get mad at zippo.

Like the sheath design with the hinge. I would break it or lose half the pieces the first swing.

Interesting concept, though not really my cup of tea. I think I rather just have a separate saw and hatchet. Wouldn't take up much more room and they'd both be better lol. Hopefully somebody on BF snags one and reviews it.

maybe striking the saw blade against the axe will make sparks.

it's for people who prefer to light their smokes with a log fire.

Looks better designed than most "multi tool axe/saw combos", have to wait & see how it feels in the hand. From the angle of the saw to axe handle, doesn't look like you'd be able to saw much more than 2-3" logs. If that is the limitation, it'd be pointless to bother with as a wilderness tool.

I think that the biggest turn off for me is the handle. It appears to be roughly the same size and shape as my deodorant stick.

It looks like the blade is made of some pretty thin stock. Not like a real hatchet. I'm not sure if it would be able to split wood very well.

Last edited:
Interesting concept, though not really my cup of tea. I think I rather just have a separate saw and hatchet. Wouldn't take up much more room and they'd both be better lol. Hopefully somebody on BF snags one and reviews it.
I think it's kinda cool, but I agree with what you're saying.

Back