ZK or BK?

I need a large blade for my bug bag, so i was thinking either the ZK War sword or the BK9 since they do come pretty close just the sheaths are different. So I am just wondering what would be the right choice?

BK9 all the way.

I've got both and wish I would have never bought the ZK. They are not as close as you think.

Actually....... to be completely honest...... I have 3 BK-9's.

So yes Becker is the way to go. Also check out some micarta scales for it. You won't be sorry.

Also if you need a side by side comparison pic, let me know and I'll see what I can do for ya.

The original ZK War Sword was Taiwan made, with SK5 steel. It is now American made, with 1095; but there are still alot of the SK5s out there (look for the American flag, and Made in Olean, NY on the blade)
The ZK is not as substantial as the BK9, despite being of slightly thicker steel - see pics below (USA made ZK)

I agree with Dexwithers - if you're looking for a SHTF sort of knife, the BK9 wins out over the ZK

Last edited:
I don't own a Zk war sword , but I do own a bk9 , and looking at those two I'd still definitely pick the bk9

I don't have a BK, but I have the war sword, and the handle on the war sword is terrible. I ended up modifying the grip to make it more comfortable

I don't have a BK, but I have the war sword, and the handle on the war sword is terrible. I ended up modifying the grip to make it more comfortable

Nice man. I like the look of that stripped. Been meaning to do mine.

The 9 for sure, no gimmike handle and recurves
it is a seriously useful knife, like a modern version of a mountain mans do all butcher knife from a couple centuries ago(from a former butcher!)

Slice onions fine, meat cutting(cutting salmon steaks and knocking off tails/heads is a breeze), chopping hardwoods.....versatile.

the ZK Zomstro is a massive chopper. thick. nothing in the BK line is THAT MASSIVE

if you want a MONSTER CHOPPER, well...

if you want something that isn't going to kill you, the BK9? or even the BK4, or other things...

My bk9 is going to get a pancake kydex sheath , with leather dangler , fire steel loop , and Esee tin pouch . Green and black handle scales with stainless screws. That's gonna be my zombie BOB knife :)

6sFuQgs

I got on the 7th BK9 totally beats ZK compared them at the store, and man the BK9 is great!!

Back