Zk Warsword improvised spear

Ok, so I am not saying it is crazy practical, but the ZK warsword would go through a pig like a hot knife through butter(especially mine) :D And I have heard of alot of pig/boar hunters leavin their guns at home to take a Cold steel spear. I just want to know..If I were to try something like this, how would I go about lashing it and such? (Very securely) Any experience guys?

IMG_20121025_172922.jpg

Well, first you're gonna want to notch your spear pole, I would guess about 6-8" back, then I would insert the handle into the notch. Probably go with some autopsy cord for the wrap, or you could make a jig, and drill out for bolts.

It would be an impressive rig. Give it a go and show us what you got.

Moose

I think I am gonna make a shaft with holes for wing nuts or somethin, then wrap it up, just to make it effective. But I also want to figure out a way to securely fasten it if I were out in the boonies too:D Have you ever made an improv spear with a knife?

I think I am gonna make a shaft with holes for wing nuts or somethin, then wrap it up, just to make it effective. But I also want to figure out a way to securely fasten it if I were out in the boonies too:D Have you ever made an improv spear with a knife?

No, I have not. I tend to feel that that is a risky position to take. I would prefer to make a spear with a hardened wood tip, and a fork on one end, rather than put my only tool out there.

Knowing my luck, I would stick something, and it would run off with my blade. :D

Moose

Wild piggies have a pair of knives too, and can get get cranky when poked. I know some people hunt with knives but I am guessing they are using catch dogs. I sure as heck would not want to tango with one with a knife for poops and giggles. If I were in a stand I would go with a bow, on the ground a gun, but for me the knife play would come when makon the bacon.

Moosez, Yeah. That would be my luck too...It just interests me how much hunters are using friggin spears with boars! And I figure if it isn't my only tool, I am ok :D The Bk9 can be my only tool:D If I can ever get one that is...Haha! I think i wanna go for a seven first though. And Diced, Yeah, like I said it isn't crazy practical, I would probably use a bow and a stand or somethin, and I don't hunt hogs,(yet) It's just a cool project.

And the idea is using the spear to dispatch it, and having that reach so you won't have to get as close as you would knife in hand. Alot of people can underestimate the power, and leverage of a solid spear.

Just Imagine a Patina'd Warsword on a scorched hardwood shaft, with a black leather wrap:D

Just Imagine a Patina'd Warsword on a scorched hardwood shaft, with a black leather wrap:D

Do it. Then post it up. What can it hurt?

Its the ideas and implentation that create greatness.

Go for it.

Moose

Back