Zombie Killer Legend

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
My dad heard this story from another Buddhist monk from Tibet and this is his story as he told it to me.
A long time ago, when people died in a village or elsewhere, they would come back from the dead and become
a zombie in the Sherpa and Tibetan understanding. They would be called Roplang Gakshi Garnu.
The zombie, Roplang, can’t bend down and has to walk straight up. To protect themselves from the zombies, the
people of the villages built their houses with small portholes for windows and doors built low to keep the zombies
out. I remember those portholes when I was growing up on our ranch. Today’s windows and doors are much different now.
When people died, a lama would put ropes around the dead person to prevent them from coming back and becoming
zombies. My father witnessed this process when he was a 7-year-old boy. My father told me that the belief was that
once people have been touched or bitten by a zombie, they would become an instant zombie.
Many years ago there was a large monastery, Gomba, in Tibet where 1000 lamas were in Gompa Pray retreat and
practicing Buddhist dharma. Among those lamas was one high lama considered the Leader Lama for the thousands
of other lamas in Gomba. One day the High Lama passed away from old age and the rest of the lamas had to keep
his deceased body for three days while they prayed all day and night without falling asleep.
The lamas kept praying both nights and, on the third night, they were all very tired from staying awake for two nights
and they fell asleep. While they were asleep, the dead High Lama became a Roplang zombie and touched the head
of each of the sleeping lamas with his bible domang pastu. They all became zombie Roplangs. There was a loud noise inside of
Gompa that attracted the guard outside and he came inside.
When the guard saw that all of the lamas had become Roplang zombies, he got frightened and closed the door to
protect himself. He went to see another powerful, High Lama, Jektan Mela Rewa, who rushed to the Gompa, carrying
his Agni Jowla Sword. He had all the dead lamas promise that they would not come back from death and become Roplang
again. After they all promised, he finished them off with his Agni Jowla Sword.
The Jowla sword was very powerful and he shot a fire flame that flowed out of the end of his sword and took care of all the
zombies. After Lama took care of Zombies then he burn down the Gomba. The Lama built a Kalo Dark Chorthan for all the deceased lamas and made them promise that they would not
become a problem again.

This sword is made in our HI shop by Rakjumar the (Prince ) Kami. Even though we do not have a zombie problem in today’s world,
it would be nice to have such a sword and this story in your collection. My father told me that this was a true happening in Tibet.

The picture of lama sword and zombie Lama below is from my father. The fire flame comes from tip of sword and shoots to
the zombie Lamas, killing them. Believe or not!

3-04-13z004_zps425a1837.jpg

Our ranch home

3-05-13008_zpsc2a5b78a.jpg

AGNI JOWLA SWORD BY RAJKUMAR

Overall lenght --23 1/4''
Weight -- 32 oz
Wayvery double edge
Cobra ingraved on side of blade tip
Trishul ingraved on other side of blade tip
Brass guard, bolster and tip
Bone and horn handle
Super quality black leather sheath
One more addition to your collection at $275. *SOLD*

3-04-13z002_zpsf7a0c595.jpg

3-04-13z001_zpse2a1026d.jpg

3-04-13z003_zpsb800f8d0.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
I love backstories like this. The Agni Jowla is very tempting... gonna sit on my wallet for a bit longer and practice some self-restraint.

How cool!:eek:

If I had the cash, I'd be all over this one. What a neat sword and story:)

*drooling*

If I hadn't just already gotten the wife angry by buying a Vepr 12, I'd be all over this.

That's a terrific piece of lore!

Back