1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 12 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 23; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Zombie tools gladius VS. RMJ Tactical Wyvern

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by Plasman193, Mar 11, 2019.

1. mross

mross

Nov 10, 2003
    If you are planning on carrying one of these for camping or hiking you should consider perception, don't want to frighten the sheep. The one that looks machete like is an acceptable bush design, a double edged sword is not.

2. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    If he's in a spot where he needs a heavy machete, I doubt there will be many "sheep" around calling the cops over the shape of the machete. And what if he needs to scare off a wild forest crackhead? The sword-shaped one will look more intimidating.

3. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Ahh yes, the dreaded Shetland cavalry charge, one of the most feared military maneuvers in the ancient world. It took the advent of the suction cup arrow and the massed nerf boomerang volley to really put an end to its preeminence on the battlefields of yore.

4. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    :D:D:D
    Right.

And between the pony at full tilt and my feet dragging on the ground (Im 6.4), I should have the enemy forces in stiches for long enough to close the distance and going to work with my sabre.

5. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm

Feb 25, 2014
    Wait, you have them in stitches before you even get there? You must have a glare so steely it cuts, but your foes have truly impressive emergency medicine sewing skills. This would be a battle I would totally rent on Pay Per View.

6. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    You may want to contact James Helm a maker here on BF as he makes some nice swords and weapons you may find interesting. I'm not sure if his books are open but I believe he's well within your price point. Here's a pic of one of his bush swords which I'm wanting to also get.

http://helmforge.blogspot.com/

Storm Crow and Mecha like this.
  7. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013

Ya Helm makes some great stuff. He goes by @Storm Crow

Storm Crow and d762nato like this.
  8. GWashington1732

GWashington1732 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Maybe it's just me but it seems that frightening the sheep would be a good thing. I mean, I go into the woods to be alone, fear might compel them to take the drum circle elsewhere... I'm gonna start carrying my sword on my hikes.

Mecha likes this.