1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Zombies

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Josh Feltman, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Josh Feltman

Josh Feltman

Feb 12, 2001
    Zombies in Cambodia

Is this real??? If so, time to board up the windows, sharpen the khuks, and get the shotgun ready. :eek:

Ad Astra likes this.
  2. DannyinJapan

DannyinJapan

Oct 9, 2003
    holy crap its true!

Brains, brains!
    I can smell your fresh juicy brains!!

3. Aardvark

Aardvark

Nov 26, 2002
    Wonder if they like kidneys. Breaded or otherwise.

4. SilverFoxKnows

SilverFoxKnows

Sep 25, 2002
    BBC isn't notorious for their practical jokes. :confused: I like Dawn of the Dead but not for real.

Frank

5. Aardvark

Aardvark

Nov 26, 2002
    Before anyone gets too worried about this, note that Josh's link has an IP address for a server name (65.127.124.62), but all of the links on the page point to news.bbc.co.uk. Pretty sure it's fake, although very well done.

6. Josh Feltman

Josh Feltman

Feb 12, 2001

Aw, you spoiled all the fun! :D

7. Aardvark

Aardvark

Nov 26, 2002
    Sorry. I should have kept the big yap shut. I was afraid that people would really worry, since the site looked so good/real.

8. DannyinJapan

DannyinJapan

Oct 9, 2003
    me no understand...

BRAINS! I can smell your BRAINS....

9. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    The blood drive people told me to get out and not come back for a year when they learned I was traveling in the area north of Laos and Cambodia in Yunnan Province, China. They thought I might have malaria.

I guess I was lucky I got out of their offices before they brought out the silver bullets and oak stakes. :)

10. Dave Rishar

Dave Rishar

Oct 25, 2004
    Hoax, yes, but the Siru needed sharpening anyway. This'll make as good an excuse as any.

11. DannyinJapan

DannyinJapan

Oct 9, 2003
    Let's discuss our Zombophobia. They are people, just like you and me.
    The bill of rights guranatees them the same rights as you and me.
    Why do we feel we have to spread fear and anti-zombitic sentiment?

12. Dave Rishar

Dave Rishar

Oct 25, 2004
    We had a guy working with us for a bit who turned me on to the whole zombie thing. I wound up buying "The Zombie Survival Guide" after reading a few pages from his copy. (Great read, BTW.)

It was only sometime later that I found out that he was convinced that this was all real...

It takes all kinds, I guess. :)

13. 37up

37up

Jun 16, 2002

... because Danny, my 5 foot claymore and 15th century warsword have yet to see action.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"mamma... git me mah sword, it's zaumbeh time"

14. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    LOL...I keep a fake high-cap nine just for fake zombies.

(Okay, and a real one for the real ones too)

Howard Wallace likes this.
  15. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh

Mar 26, 2002
    Just watched "Dawn of the Dead" last night, so this came at a vulnerble moment for me. Only frowarded it to about 20 friends.

Then I realized:

"Anjar is a city in Lebanon, and those are not Cambodian troops, but Lebanese. Another giveaway is the incorrect grammar. The writer uses "it's" as a possessive, when infact the correct possessive is "its". "It's" = "it is".

I mean, anybody knows that!

Actually I fell for it. The above quote is a college professor buddy to whom I sent the link.

16. namaarie

namaarie

Aug 23, 2004
    It's real and you all know it! You can't tell me otherwise!

(insert conspiracy theory here)

To arms!!!!

Nam

17. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Click on "email this to a friend"

and this pops up-

Send the page:
    Syrian troops vacate Lebanese HQ

It was hacked from that story.

I AM DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED.

Good (us) NEEDS evil (zombies) to validate the existence of our Minute Man Khukuri Force.

If the zombies are not real, then possibly, neither are we.

Ad Astra :(

18. Mr.BadExample

Mr.BadExample

Sep 11, 2002
    When hell is full, the dead will walk the earth!
    I'm glad my 25" Sirupati hasn't sold, I'll be needing it!

19. namaarie

namaarie

Aug 23, 2004
    If you want to get into zombie stuff, try this:

Zombie Squad

This place is cool. I've posted it before. Try to remember, not many people there take "zombies" seriously. It's really more a forum on preparedness and one could replace the word "zombie" with any other threatening term with good results.

At worst, it's an entertaining place with decent practical info about various weapons.

Nam

20. Bamboo

Bamboo

Dec 16, 2004
    If I was a zombie, I'd still want to be loved.

Just remember that as you are hacking them to bits.