1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

ZOMG! Scrapmax or 511?!?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by BePrepared, Jul 12, 2012.

1. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    I have absolutely no need for either, but i want em both (can't do it, cause suicide by wife :eek: )

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

2. Hooker

Hooker Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2009
    That Scrapmax 460 may not be available any other time. 511s are easier to come by, unless you gotta have tan.

3. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    I didn't realize that... +1 for scrapmax...

that looks to be just about the perfect do everything camp knife (for general prep type work)

any idea how elmax stacks up against SR101?

4. begreen61

begreen61 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I love my 511 perfect hunting/camping knife but i must say elmax holds a edge I have yet needed to sharpen my ZT551 and i do use it.but havent used the max yet.

And just buy them ,wife will get over it,,,,,??????maybe?????

5. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    See, my wife definitely won't get over it... i've spent more than a grand of real money on knives, hawks etc, in the last 2 months, and i have 2k in INFI coming from the custom shop along with the Zermeno Azrael that she's getting me for my birthday

i MIGHT be able to hide one knife... if i get 2 she's gonna hang me with a towel and make it look like an accident

6. Solstice

Solstice

May 27, 2005
    Scrap Max....And you might be in store for a Hog Hoof Race for it!

7. Bravado

Bravado

Feb 14, 2002
    Stop feeding the Mutts!!:mad:

8. Need2Know

Need2Know Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2011
    It's not food, it's a doggie treat. Very likely bacon flavored.

The Scraps are a must own, sure wish more Busses had been offered. Do not get me wrong, the Shanks are cool.

So to give my opinion on which to get its the ScrapMax stuff.

And comparing Elmax to high carbon steels is a bit like granny smith apples compared to golden delicious...a powdered stainless steel will have a lot of differences to a high carbon steel. So far my Elmax knives are serving me very well and holding a sharp edge for a pleasantly surprising duration.

9. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah, I'm hoping they made plenty of those!!! I'm not terribly worried though, as I know I'll get my order in within the first 10 seconds. :D :p

10. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    Which will be 7 seconds after me. :)

11. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    I never said which second of those first 10 mine would arrive... :p :emot-yarr: :pig:

12. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    I'll try not to step on your hoof... unless that's what it takes to get my 460... in which case, Oink Happens :cool: