ZT-0200 Goes Into A Bar, Meets Spydie Hole, ....And Well You Know The Rest :-)

Wow, I used tonthink the 200 was ugly as hell. Your little face lift and is like a boob job and a butt lift! Now the 200 is making my pants get tighter!

WELL DONE, Joe. I took off the flipper on mine too. just seemed to get in the way and I like thumb studs better anyway. very very nice. now you got me thinking. best regards.
mike

Always hated recurved edges just because of sharpening difficulty. Its not very difficult with proper tools but since i dont have them and generaly dont like them its a very nice to see how u altered the edge. Keep it up

Yeah... Dremel cutoff wheel and smoothed it all out with a j-flex belt.

Always hated recurved edges just because of sharpening difficulty. Its not very difficult with proper tools but since i dont have them and generaly dont like them its a very nice to see how u altered the edge. Keep it up

If you have a sharpmaker or some other system that uses triangular rods it can be abit easier. You have to know how to freehand with the rods. Now use the flat side of the rod and lay the recurve edge of the knife against the rod. Due to the recuve the flat side of the rod won't actually contact the edge along the flat. Rather the two corners of the flat side will sweep along the inside radius of the recurve one after another.

I find it a great way to sharpen recurves which can often be tricky. I find the tactile feedback is much better when sharpening with this method so I can tell when the edge is sitting on corners of the flat sode of the rod.

That's a great-looking mod, very clean work. Love the waved knives too.

As for having a factory version of it as a ZT/Kershaw and Spyderco collab, who knows, may be possible. Such things happened in the past.
lcsR9B1.jpg

A j-flex is a flexible cloth backed grinder belt.

Aesthetically i mostly hate the spyderco style hole, but on this it's actually not half bad.

Very well done... You nailed it. I would buy this if it were available from ZT. Really nice job.

Wow, I used to think the 200 was ugly as hell. Your little face lift and is like a boob job and a butt lift! Now the 200 is making my pants get tighter!

:D:D:D LMAO,..... just don't tell me your nickname is Woody!

Last edited:
That's a great-looking mod, very clean work. Love the waved knives too.

As for having a factory version of it as a ZT/Kershaw and Spyderco collab, who knows, may be possible. Such things happened in the past.

ou2zWyy.jpg

Geeze,...I hope there wasn't a "per hole" clause in the Licensing Agreement on the "Spyker",....not even counting the holes on the handle! ;)

Last edited:
Very well done... You nailed it. I would buy this if it were available from ZT. Really nice job.

I sure would buy one!

So would I actually, especially an un-coated blade version,....as it would save me a lot of time and effort! But even a DLC coated version would be impossible to resist, frankly. :rolleyes: Also, a factory built one would likely have a larger Spydie Hole, which would be better too,....but on a conversion you're a bit more limited and have to work around what's there.

....now we just need several thousand more to show an interest, and ZT and Spyderco might just shake and bake on it! :thumbsup:

This grip, although flat sided, has the most comfortable and "hand filling" feel in hand I've ever experienced! Especially with the G10 outer edges smoothed off and flipper removed. I think the double palm swell areas in the center of the grip is the reason. Ergos on Steroids, and in ANY grip position too!

The shorter than usually seen stock clip is perfect too, because in right or left hand tip up carry is "invisible" to the hand,....and excels for the IWC (In Waistband Carry) method, ...where the knife carries surprisingly comfortably, ....REALLY!

BTW, if at any time Kershaw/ZT and/or Spyderco would wish to handle this actual knife, even for a few months,....I would be honored to send it to them for evaluation. (handling it would SELL it to the decision makers!)

For the record, I'm not looking for anything in this either,..... just want other knife nuts to have a chance to own one of my favorite knifes!

Just please,...keep the PB washers and FAT 1/4" solid Pivot BOLT! ;)

Last edited:
Wow, I used to think the 200 was ugly as hell. Your little face lift and is like a boob job and a butt lift! Now the 200 is making my pants get tighter!

Late response I know,...but in going over this thread again,.... you made me laugh,...AGAIN! :) :D :cool:

Last edited:
Back