ZT 0223

Would it look any better without the holes? No. They took the prototype and neutered it.

And try to pass it off as a commemorative knife for D-Day when it clearly wasn't intended as anything other than a modern clip point folder with picatinny rail jimping on the spine. It just makes no sense the way it's made. But the Designer seems just about as childish that he seems to fit in well with ZT's current PR and Marketing team.

Aesthetics aside, a lot of folks here are saying it creates a weak point. I was moreso referring to the fact that I don't see how it's any different from a spydiehole hurting structural integrity.

I don't mind blades w/ holes. I recently sold my WE Eschaton and it was full of holes, everywhere. One of the most gorgeous and buttery knives I've ever owned, was sad to see it go.

ZT nor Spyderco has released a design I found appealing in over half a decade.
https://knifesteelnerds.com/2019/04/15/how-stress-risers-lead-to-broken-blades/

I think I like the 0223 for the same reason I like the Case Shark Tooth Flipper. Both being a modern take on the Folding hunter

The more of us don’t like it, the more their will be to buy for those who likes it... that’s what is fun :)

gGpepPD.jpg

Not super happy with the colors but just to just an approximation of what I had in mind. essentially, dark gray G10 Pommel and "Bolster", Dark Brown Micarta Inlay to use as Faux Leather Stack, Bead Blast Gray Blade with a slight more dagger grind and the spine a little ground down to look more like a guard. Inspired a bit by the Camillus M3 which was introduced near the end of the war. I might do a V2.0 when I feel like spending more than 10 Minutes :p

Wasn't debating it. Just don't understand why we call these holes a weakpoint and bash ZT/designer for it but spydieholes are OK.. I've seen spydies break and it's always at the hole.
Again, spyderco doesn't make folding prybars with ball bearing pivots. They're not advertising "build like a tank" knives.

gGpepPD.jpg

Not super happy with the colors but just to just an approximation of what I had in mind. essentially, dark gray G10 Pommel and "Bolster", Dark Brown Micarta Inlay to use as Faux Leather Stack, Bead Blast Gray Blade with a slight more dagger grind and the spine a little ground down to look more like a guard. Inspired a bit by the Camillus M3 which was introduced near the end of the war. I might do a V2.0 when I feel like spending more than 10 Minutes :p

Probably not out of the realm on your creation! Kershaw just came out with one that looks like it, the Xcom, a Les George design.

gGpepPD.jpg

If we're really hyping D-Day, I wanna see real leather dammit. ;)

gGpepPD.jpg

This is what I was hoping for!! ZT needs to make this now!!

Back