1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

ZT 0470 Old Framelock Issue

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by rpttrsn, Jan 12, 2021.

1. rpttrsn

rpttrsn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2006
    I have had this knife for a few years and have not carried it due to the slightest finger pressure on the framelock would not allow the flipper to work. I have seen You Tube videos on this. I know some say that you have to be careful not to put your finger on the frame lock. This is the only knife that I had to always be aware on my finger location to open the knife. Yes ZT screwed up on this model. Their pocket clip was not a low rider so I decided that I needed to try and correct this problem with the frame lock. I have large hands so I made a 316 SS low rider clip that covered more of the frame lock. Now when I remove the knife and how it sits in my hand presents no issue with my finger coming in contact with the frame lock. Problem solved. I hope you like the remedy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Easyrider, GeofS, Wilfred17 and 2 others like this.
  2. killgar

killgar

Sep 24, 2002
    Nice work :thumbsup:

rpttrsn likes this.
  3. rpttrsn

rpttrsn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2006
    Thank you. I waited to long on doing something about ZT's problem with this knife.