ZT 0550 and 0551

Hi. Does anyone know when the ZT 0550 and 0551 will be released? I believe these will be my first Hinderers since I am still on a waiting list for the 100% Hinderers and we all know how long the lines are. A 50% Hinderer is always better than none at all so if anyone know the release date, please reply to this thread. Thank you.

BTW, I am already on a waiting list for these knives as well but would like to know how long I still have to wait :)

How many variants will there be? I assume the 0550 will be black coated and 0551 stonewashed/satin? Any other? Thanks.

I had an opportunity to handle the proto while in Vegas. This knife is incredible! I hope the production models feel as nice.

I am on the list for one of these too. Cant wait to get the email or PM that they are ready. I have not handled one , but they look to be a great knife. ZT makes some great knives, and with Hinderers Imput, this might just be there best venture yet !!!

The pictures dont really show it but do these have some sort of glass breaker type end. I hope not because all those do is tear pants up. If I am seeing the picture correctly and it does maybe it is removable. Hopefully Rick or Rob can answer that for sure.

If it does I think I will pass and just save for another XM-18.

Zach

So at this point the only difference in the 550 and 551 is the steel correct?

This is true. I asked the same question and thats what I was told. I no longer have the PM, but I believe its posted in either the Kershawguy's Pre-Order thread or the LONG Thread. I am on the pre-order list and cant wait to get one.

Zach, I was talking to Rick H about the proto with the glass breaker and I'm pretty sure he said the production would NOT have the breaker on it. I also hope that it doesn't now that I have handled it.

its true...none of the future 0550 or 0551 will have ANYTHING sticking out the back!

I'm getting one and although I hate the ridiculous pattern on the G-10 side, I love the look of the rest of the knife. I'm glad "whoever" made the decision to remove the backspacer and put stand - offs for a flow-through design.

I really wish they'd have made it with a flipper too, Of course, if they did everything i wanted though, it would end up loking like an XM-18! :D :D

Awesome it does not have the glass breaker. I am really looking forward to this. It will be my first production knife in quite sometime.

Back