ZT 0562cf

Talk me out of a ZT 0562cf...?

I've been looking more at a folder for EDC instead of the small fixed I currently carry and the 0562 cought my eye. I will admit I know very little about folders and even less about ZT. Being a lefty I tend to shy away from them. Intended use is everything from food to boxes and all in between.

Any help or advice would be great.

You've come to the wrong place to be talked out of a knife purchase. ;)

You cant go wrong with a ZT, they are great for what they are.

Im sure there are lefties out there that dont mind a right hand fram lock, although you may prefer something like a Benchmade with an Axis lock or a Spyderco with a compression lock as they are much more ambidextrous in design.

Good hunting.

Yep! You came to the wrong place. I've had a 0562 for a few years & it's a workhorse. This is just my opinion, but if you can only have one ZT, it should be a 0562.

Edit: Missed the lefty part. While the 0562 will certainly work, the right hand frame lock may not be the best for a lefty.

As a lefty frame locks never bother me, it's that damn pocket clip that isn't able to be moved to the left side of the folder that bothers me the most with folders. That said, lots of great options and for the most part ZT knives have ambi pocket clips. I'd also look at benchmade 940 series for a great folder that's lefty friendly.

Yea bud, the 0562 is in my opinion one of the best zt fokding knives offered. I have a g10 scaled elmax blade. The flipper and pocket clip make it lefty friendly.
(What you might want to hear) Forget that piece of garbage. Who needs a frame lock ball bearing flipper anyway.

IMG_2677.JPG Talk you out of buying one of the coolest folders???
Nope!!!!
I got mine from USAmadeblade, a dealer here on the forum.......excellent dealer!! They will anodize the ZT of your choice no charge! Have mine for about 2 years and absolutely love it!!
Flips like a dream, smooth as oiled glass, great in hand, excellent blade profile, steel and locks up ridiculous tight!!
A great all around folder!
Wait a sec!!! Was I supposed to talk you out of buying one?? Oooops!
:D
I'm a righty, but always gravitate towards folders that I can open and close one handed with my left.
Good frame locks are fine in the left hand.
You can usually find one on the Exchange here, but take a look at USAmadeblade's site. Be warned.......you might buy more than one!!
Good luck!
Joe

Link:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...d-knives-available-at-usa-made-blade.1508209/

Well if you want to be talked out of it the only negative I could come up with is that IMO the blade is a little too thick behind the edge from the factory. The list of things I love about this knife would take a lot of time to type out here. Sorry, but it's a great example of everything people love about ZT!

Well all of this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Especially the part about USAMADEBLADES doing anodized versions. Thanks to all for the responses and help in spending my money.

We are low on stock on the 562cf right now so we do not have many anodized versions available. If you are looking for a certain color just shoot me an email and I can get it taken care of for you.

scott@usamadeblade.com

The 0562 is perfect for customizing...and its a workhorse of a knife...DO IT!!!

13628044_205979083132220_2035276711_n.jpg

I have recently bought the 0562cf and 0452cf. I have more than enough Spyderco's to last me a while. I have had only one ZT in the past and it looked too much like a Kershaw. It was the Kershaw knockout and the ZT 0770. I have made the 0562cf & 0452cf my new everyday carry. they are almost perfect. The only complaint I have is that the 0562 has a 2nd detent. When you go to close the knife it starts to close it stops at about 20% of its travel it stops and you have to push it with your index finger and then it closes very nicely. The are both beautiful knifes that you can be proud to own and enjoy.

Give it some time. Mine did the same thing in the beginning. Flick flick and flick some more!!
You'll notice that second detent begin to get lighter.
You picked up 2 excellent ZTs! Enjoy them!
Joe

I have recently bought the 0562cf and 0452cf. I have more than enough Spyderco's to last me a while. I have had only one ZT in the past and it looked too much like a Kershaw. It was the Kershaw knockout and the ZT 0770. I have made the 0562cf & 0452cf my new everyday carry. they are almost perfect. The only complaint I have is that the 0562 has a 2nd detent. When you go to close the knife it starts to close it stops at about 20% of its travel it stops and you have to push it with your index finger and then it closes very nicely. The are both beautiful knifes that you can be proud to own and enjoy.

Back