ZT 0600 - Serial Number Soundoff!!!

I put my edge to a couple strops and it cleaned up nicely. Shaving sharp now and this thing has an insane point on it.

How are the edges on your guys' 0600's?

Mine would shave if used on the belly of the blade and near the point, but in the recurved area it was less sharp, but still had an even grind and was very usable for cutting.

As with most, I can just touch it up when necessary, it is not as yet.

best

mqqn

Mine would shave if used on the belly of the blade and near the point, but in the recurved area it was less sharp, but still had an even grind and was very usable for cutting.

As with most, I can just touch it up when necessary, it is not as yet.

best

mqqn

Curious if this is only mine. Is everyone's sharpened fully? Because mine isn't sharpened to the heel. Has a 1/4 inch of unsharpened blade. I don't mind, because I'm putting my own edge on it anyways.

Curious if this is only mine. Is everyone's sharpened fully? Because mine isn't sharpened to the heel. Has a 1/4 inch of unsharpened blade. I don't mind, because I'm putting my own edge on it anyways.

Mine was fully ground, it just was not AS sharp in the recurved area.

IF they sharpened any more the flipper would be sharp! ;^)

best

mqqn

Ok, thanks for the info.

Here is a picture - please disregard the relics from dirt in the camera -

DSC_2697.JPG

best

mqqn

Gah, is this another awesome ZT I won't be able to get? Frustrating to be a ZT fan in Canada...

Well, I just received #0301

My 2nd will be delivered today and I will update with that serial number.

If the 3rd ends up going through, then I'll update with it when it arrives!!!

This is what happens when you freak out thinking that you aren't going to get one and snag the first one you see, when you've already signed up for too many pre-orders.

Just got one of mine today. Number 0044

EDITED TO ADD: Mine did have a fair amount of light oil on the blade. I know some dealers inspect their knives before they ship them out and as such may have been wiped down before going to the customer. If you bought a knife where they took pictures of your actual knife and not a stock photo it very well may have been wiped down after being handled.

Last edited:

Anyone else have a really heavy coat of some type of oil on the blade?

Negative - mine arrived clean and in perfect shape, ready to go!

best

mqqn

Both of the ones I got had a light coat of oil on the blade. Most Kershaws and ZTs I've gotten have that.

Add me and Manny in.

sticktodrum - #0002
metsfan - #0003

Both of the ones I got had a light coat of oil on the blade. Most Kershaws and ZTs I've gotten have that.

Add me and Manny in.

sticktodrum - #0002
metsfan - #0003

Be honest you had yours for awhile and have been sweating ever since to be able to post pics and thoughts on them?

Back