ZT 0620/Emerson design

Bought one of these things recently on a whim not really figuring I would keep it.

After using it for a few weeks, I liked it enough that I actually bought a second one to give to my son. We are both Emerson fans & the 0620 is an Emerson design with the wave feature etc.

With a DLC coated black elmax blade it is wicked sharp & holds the edge a long time (although it is a little time consuming to sharpen).

It is a ti frame lock with hardened steel lockbar inserts. Both came perfectly centered & the fit/finish is flawless.

At well under $200 it is a steal IMHO. About the only thing that might be a con I can think of is, it has no lanyard hole.

~John

I had a 0630 and liked it so much that I purchased a 0620. I think the tanto blade is under rated for a work knife. And the wave feature has become a big bonus for me. Enough that I have since bought other Emerson licensed knives built by a company that likes to have large holes in their blades. The 0620 is now one of my favorite work knives. I never have a lanyard on my knives, so never even noticed there was no lanyard hole. But looking at the 0620 it appears the rear most stand off is designed for a lanyard.

I never have a lanyard on my knives, so never even noticed there was no lanyard hole.

I occasionally use a lanyard (especially on a waveable knife) but I never use the hole. I always just thread the lanyard around the last standoff.

The hole can be good or bad I guess. On my Strider SMF if you put a lanyard through the hole, the knife blade cuts into the lanyard when you close it (what an overpriced POS the Strider is)

~John

The pin at the end of the knife is for a lanyard. It is the one that isn't a spacer with screws.

John- Go thru one lanyard hole, on your Strider. That's the action, so they tell me.
rolf

John- Go thru one lanyard hole, on your Strider. That's the action, so they tell me.
rolf

Yeah... that's what I did on the SnG's that I had... when I had 'em. IIRC I used the hole on the G10 side. Still, you'd think that... oh well. It's all been said before.

How ya doin' Rolf? Blade's comin' up in a few months... I live an hour away...

lol! Mick told me it works but I never tried it. Maybe I shud.
PM coming, Dale.
rolf

I like my ZT 0630 but I would have to give a nod to the actual CQC-8 for better ergonomics. I wish ZT would make one in a Horseman size.

_DSC7931%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsmfdvxwxb.jpg

This SIG was at the range with me today. Awesome shooter.
_DSC7937%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsmlpnbuxv.jpg

Yeah that works (sort of), but how Mickey Mouse is that with a $600 knife??

I had 5 Striders at one point. Only one of the 5 was perfect (smooth/perfectly centered etc.etc.) I ended up keeping just that one (a double gunner grip SMF) & selling all the rest.

Now however that one I kept is in Thailand being customized. :)

~John

I like the ZT so much I just bought a 3rd one.

That is a seriously bad-ass knife. They wave perfectly, lock up like a bank vault & hold a razor edge.

The ZT 0620 has been discontinued, probably because Emerson is releasing a virtually identical knife under the Emerson brand.

~John

John, that's awesome the you have a fave from what I can tell in this thread. I had the 620, 620CF and the 630. Fine knives they are but I couldn't get with the handle shape.

Ooh, I've never seen the 0620 with M390. Mine has 204P, basically the same thing. My 0630 is M390 though, great knives.

I got my ZT0620CF with 204-P for 189 shipped from kershawguy. Hell of a lot of knife for the money.

I love my 0620. Hell of a work knife. This knife is actually getting me back into Emersons. I've had several come and go. Might be time to pick up a Bulldog ;)

gMb7KFu.jpg

Here is my ZT0630 in M390 with a Six Three Bladeworx Contoured Maroon Micarta w/ White G10 Liner Scale. I took a scouring pad to the hardware to give it a pocket-worn finish.

79cfq3QSFlXvUaF7UDB_koX-3C4oDA3ATsxLP4szYOWLpZ0H03-eCgkHxNdta9_VdepfNqmJ7pPxS6LpedwRpiZUw-vy9s7x-MWmqezuIyX-ziET_zl1EjY1UGRK95QR_QmZGcOpWeXGXlt8jYuman2li-gk6glDy_7Pf44Axk2YqRvA0bySyCGzQATynKr1JW6q-g5eYjYlh6gJ_ZeWdhHEi33aNA8-G1Z72hB61WsKdrKxIT4XBNzVqrZiUSYe46sQLsd1_2BbwqbX6ETduePmtRw9X0vCIwmIu46fkjnZ4M-nCEaWxtVp07KYsPJuTBkjiokKH_uCpLghKgfoxSekolYr9RhJldtx-tbhoo0EnDi1cKLYXb19uvcpj5kFP6Fd0Ciiw8c26ogkhJimXYu-P4EmqlRWNd49gnejpyXrTAIyxMKOdLKddVtEtFXvGFr6_ersEivlLWIc4Xo5elQPiwmtAiXTmipwDWSrfM-9RlDV9ynYMSKZILmgzjpUbILYXZqwcvSVbrW-d2OlnbT-lAyZ2TFDA3xOnKUmv5iXA2oKPQUr6TFNJhRrV7khrwdKV3SWrqgO-OYzJsIemY802ZUS2os0In_okwms9jRUoCgKkwms=w2182-h1456-no

I am a sucker for Emerson knives, though most are now from Emerson. I have a ZT 0630 and a ZT 0620. I also have several Spydercos, FOXs and Kershaws with Emerson wave openers. Except for my ZTs, I usually set my knives up for waving toward the front. I like the Tanto style blades for most tasks besides food preparation.

I've owned 2 of the 620s. I sold my first one because I didn't care for the grooved G10 for some reason. Wasn't my thing. But loved EVERYTHING else about t. Thought it was the best of both worlds, a perfect collaboration (even better than the zt/Hinderer)

But then a dealer out some of these out and it's easily one of my favorite knives of all time and definitely the most blade for your buck anywhere!

Back