Zt 0640 vs Hinderer Firetac non-flipper

• ZT 0640

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Hinderer Firetac non-flipper

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Wolverine666

Gold Member
I’m trying to decide which one of these to buy. I realize there’s a $177 difference. Just wanna see what you guys think. Which would you get?

Of the two, I'd probably get the ZT - only because I find it more aesthetically pleasing. The Firetac isn't bad looking, though; and it does have a thinner blade. Either would serve you well.
That said, I'm not particularly a fan of the thumb disk; so I won't be buying either.

Of the two, I'd probably get the ZT - only because I find it more aesthetically pleasing. That said, I'm not particularly a fan of the thumb disk; so I won't be buying either.
Personally , I’d rather thumb studs or Spydie hole. But I don’t mind giving the thumb disc a try.

You've got to try it to know.
They're functional, and easy enough to use - just not my thing...though, admittedly, the last time I bought a knife with one was 20 yrs ago

I would pick the 0640
The action is great
You can customise it as you want

The CF can have some variations with more green or more yellow, I would recommend to visit a store and to get one you like

Personally , I’d rather thumb studs or Spydie hole. But I don’t mind giving the thumb disc a try.

Might want to check out the Eklipse trailing point. Still available new for the same price as the Firetac. Super knife. More robust than the firetac and super smooth on PB washers.

Find a used Firetac. You'll save some cash and have a much better knife.

Edit to add: I've owned both.

For myself, I'm tired of flippers and framelocks and when combined forget it! Done!! That's just me though! I like the symmetry of a.liner lock or bolster lock or any variation there of!!
IMG_20200128_134833.jpg IMG_20200128_134856.jpg View attachment 1283299 IMG_20200128_134936.jpg

Back