ZT0780 Love; Issues, Fixes, Experience, Photos

The verticle wiggle/play came back, and I can't seem to alleviate it. *sigh* She's going back to ZT tomorrow. It was fun carrying it. :grumpy:

My Dad tried to fix the centering on his and the only way it would center was if you left the pivot loose. Then it had side to side play, as well as vertical.

Flexing the lock bar inward further will strengthen the detent dramatically. Mine is perfect now, and it'll help wear in the lock surface a bit quicker. I recommend that.

Tried it, did not help. Then I left the pivot bolt a bit more loose than it was before and now the flipper at least works without any wrist movement. The downside is that now there is also the tiniest amount of side-to-side play.

Mine arrived yesterday. Finally. I didn't expect it anymore. There is some vertical blade play but I expected this.
The clip was mounted for tip down, I wanted to change it to tip up. This was not possible, because the screws can not be inserted. I seems that there are no screw threads. :grumpy:

Yeah, I just looked at mine I kept with decent lock up, not only are the holes not in line, there's no threads in any of the 3 without the clip. Very shoddy for a knife costing over 100 dollars. QC seems nonexistent on these.

Mine arrived yesterday. Finally. I didn't expect it anymore. There is some vertical blade play but I expected this.
The clip was mounted for tip down, I wanted to change it to tip up. This was not possible, because the screws can not be inserted. I seems that there are no screw threads. :grumpy:

Mine was threaded but the holes didn't line up. I had to loosen the handles, shift them and then retighten. After that I was able to change the knife to rip down carry.

Yeah, I just looked at mine I kept with decent lock up, not only are the holes not in line, there's no threads in any of the 3 without the clip. Very shoddy for a knife costing over 100 dollars. QC seems nonexistent on these.
I have to agree here ........ my clip holes dont line up either ....LOL Its a good thing I dont wanna move my clip.
I have three of these and the only thing Ive found is the clip screw issue and a Tad of verticle play , but not enough to be bad......... these must of been raced through to the finish line.
The holes not lining up makes me laugh. Its actually sad.

Just checked both of mine. No issues and holes are aligned perfectly. No signs of rushing or QC oversight on mine. They're awesome.

I did send my 0780 back, because I was very disappointed.

Now I don't know which model I shall choose as a replacement. I want a lightweight folder with flipper and a blade lenght no less than 3,5". It has to be flat (saber) ground and clip point blade would be fine too. Tip up carry is a must be.

Last edited:
Back