Zt205

I just received my Knifeworks ZT200 with bead blasted blade. PIC to follow. It is a sweet knife but I am a little disappointed in the factory edge. It is just not what I am accustomed to from Kershaw/ZT. A little sloppy. It will get fixed but overall a beautiful big knife.

ZT2.jpg

ZT3.jpg

Was the edge just not sharp enough, or was there an issue with the actual grinds? The more I look at it , the more I like it!:thumbup:

When posting in the Kershaw forum, if you want to claim a factory edge is "a little sloppy", especially given Kershaw's excellent reputation for razor sharp edges, you might want to elaborate a little more. What exactly does sloppy mean to you? from your photos, it looks like a great edge. Keep in mind that the 0200's blade thickness means it wont have the same perceived "sharpness" as a fillet knife...nevermind

When posting in the Kershaw forum, if you want to claim a factory edge is "a little sloppy", especially given Kershaw's excellent reputation for razor sharp edges, you might want to elaborate a little more. What exactly does sloppy mean to you? from your photos, it looks like a great edge. Keep in mind that the 0200's blade thickness means it wont have the same perceived "sharpness" as a fillet knife...nevermind

Sorry about the lack of detail. It had burrs or an edge I could feel with my fingernail.

I have great respect for Kershaw and ZT verified by the fact I have no less than 10 of their knives.

Back