ZT300 dimensions question

I've had my eye on the ZT300 series for a while now and I'm seriously considering purchasing one with my first real paycheck.

What I'm interested in knowing is the thickness and width of the entire knife. I'm worried it will be very thick and very wide. I carry IWB so something really thick and wide can become very uncomfortable very quickly.

So if anyone has measured the thickness of the handles with calipers, I would really like to know how thick it is. And I'd also like to know how wide the blade is. It looks quite wide.

Also out of curiosity, is it easy to disassemble? I would like to disable the assist by taking out the spring if it's possible.

Thanks in advance!

I get 0.628" at the thickest point (at the tip up clip mounting screws).

About 2.06" wide at the flipper (widest point).

I haven't taken mine apart, but I wouldn't imagine it would be too difficult. I wouldn't recommend removing the torsion bar, since it has no safety and no detent on the blade to keep it closed. You would need to add the detent to the blade, probably a good idea to talk to someone like STR before attempting this if you don't have experience with this type of mod.

Thanks for the info. Had no clue that the knife didn't have a detent.

Back