ZT301 - Diet Complete.

I got her back together and am well pleased with the effort. The loss of weight is noticeable, not much, but enough to feel just right in hand and pocket. I also like the DLC on the titanium and buffed it to a soft satin, looks better. Did the same to the G10, it's just a little brighter.
Took the spring out and am opening it manually, the blade is still heavy enough to "flip" out effortlessly. How do I keep it closed? Yes I drilled a 1/16" hole at "the right place" in the blade(carbide spade drill) to capture the ballbearing.
This is one sweet honey of a knife, not only does it look good but feels super good in hand. The knife does not handle like a "big" knife.
DSCN1429.jpg

DSCN1430.jpg

NICE TIP, ALSO POLISHED THE STUD
DSCN1431.jpg

Very nice job gull wing.
You and Mr. Krein did a sweet job on this one. :thumbup:

Mr. Gull Wing.

I am interested as to how much of a weight savings was made. An original ZT300 series is about 8.6 oz according to some websites. How many ounces did you shave off?

By the way, very cool looking now. Awesome job. Love the swedge and new grind. :thumbup: :D

Made an awesome knife even awesomer ! ( if that is a word.. )

T.K. did a fine job on that blade, kudos on you for doing a fine job on the rest of your knife.

Back