ZT560- Easy to wrist flick open?

Hi! I am a Canadian knife nut who wants to buy a ZT560. However this presents a problem as I only know of American online dealers that sell this knife, and knives that go through Canadian customs will be confiscated if you can wrist flick/ swing it open without touching the blade or tang. I've heard some customs agents will try very hard to flick it open just because.... well I have a few names for them but I'll keep them to myself.

So I'd like to know what my chances are that my customs agent is able to flick a ZT560 open. Anyone have any ideas?

there are a couple knife stores in canada that sell that knife. PM me if you want to know who. They have them in stock right now.

If you order from a dealer here in the US, make sure that you tell them to tighten the pivot!!! You should be fine as long it doesn't flick open and it shouldn't if the pivot is tightened all the way down.

mine can be flicked open but it takes a great deal of force. Like SOC have the dealer tighten your pivot.

It's pretty hard to flick it open and that's if the customs officer puts zero pressure on the lock!

If you order from a dealer here in the US, make sure that you tell them to tighten the pivot!!! You should be fine as long it doesn't flick open and it shouldn't if the pivot is tightened all the way down.

Because of the bearing system I'm not sure that will work with a 056x

Canadian customs will be confiscated if you can wrist flick/ swing it open without touching the blade or tang

You'll be fine. I've never had a problem with this and have bought more knifes than fingers & toes cross the boarder. Just remember, a knife is an edged Tool... never a weapon.

Knives are classified as either tools, or prohibited by design, which would include knives such as butterfly knives/balisongs, switch blades/autos, push/punch daggers, knives with brass knuckles and so on. If a knife is not prohibited by design, then the same rules apply to it as do to hammers, axes, screw drivers and so on. It is perfectly legal to own knives and swords that aren't prohibited by design in Canada so long as your purpose for purchasing and or carrying it is to use it as a tool. Remember, Canadian law does not allow you to carry a knife for the purpose of "self defence". Carrying a knife for the purpose of "self defence" would identify your knife as a weapon, which is not permitted. Some places that you cannot carry a knife on you to are airports, court rooms and some other government buildings, as well as businesses that serve alcohol and such.

PS, I have found a distributor IN CANADA with the 0560 in stock. Please check your wall.

3154c497.jpg

Last edited:

mine can be flicked open but it takes a great deal of force. Like SOC have the dealer tighten your pivot.

Because of the bearing system I'm not sure that will work with a 056x

Yes with the KVT system pivot tightness doesn't matter. I've got mine as tight as it will go and it still freely swings on the bearings once detent is broken. Do yourself a favor and just pay whatever markup your local Canadian dealer wants to avoid a solid 260+ loss to customs.

Got my 560 from Kershawguy with no customs issues (I'm in Vancouver, PoCo actually), shipping was more than reasonable.
YMMV.

Back