ZT700... do i want one?

If you have one, please tell me about it.. how does it compare to your other ZT knives?

KC has them marked down 50 bucks so if i'm going to get one, now's the time

I love mine, I can say that much. It's a Tim Galyean design, the gentleman who designed the Junkyard Dog as well as the Rake (among others). The 0700 is one of the pointiest blades I have, and it was clearly designed as a tactical/defense/people-hurty kind of piece. It being a manual along with the nice G10 and thick steel liners makes it kind of feel like a beefier Emerson style build. It has those angled thumbstuds like the ZT0780 and Blur. It's cool, very very robust, and an interesting interpretation of the tanto style. Like I said, I love mine. It's a beautiful blade.

You should really shoot kershawguy a PM or email (steelhead15@juno.com) to see if he has the uncoated version you're seeing on sale. His prices are usually lower, and I know he has some of the limited edition DLC coated blades available. http://www.kershawguy.com/products-page/zero-tolerance/limited-edition-zt0700blk/

So yeah, give him a ring, see if he's got what you're looking for at a better price.

If you have one, please tell me about it.. how does it compare to your other ZT knives?

KC has them marked down 50 bucks so if i'm going to get one, now's the time

I have not owned one, and probably never will. It would make a great S.D. blade, good to look at, fondle, collect, or even a great work edc for the obvious clientel or even construction and hardcore cardboard ripping, but for personal edc I would never use it. The zt 0400 was a great tanto edc for me but this design is too square with the point being symetric in my opinion to be anything but the above. I would never use it.

Good call on the dlc limiteds with Dave. I was just going to edit that in!

Last edited:
it excels as a urban working knife, where you do a lot of poking and prying...i use and carry mine in that intent; tantos are great working knives...and if the work really gets rough (like dealing with pallets), i carry the strider tanto...

i got the 400 also; i usually choose between the 400 and 700, depending on what i'm doing for the working day...

I have one... It's okay. Doubt it will become your EDC piece but it's a decent knife. I'm definitely not seeing them anywhere for $50 though... ETA, just saw that it was $50 off. That makes more sense :)

Time to adjust your eye glasses :), marked down $50...$50 off regular price.

I have one... It's okay. Doubt it will become your EDC piece but it's a decent knife. I'm definitely not seeing them anywhere for $50 though... ETA, just saw that it was $50 off. That makes more sense :)

LOL Glad that I didn't miss a deal like that! I am guessing that I was just doing some wishful thinking.

Already an older post, but I will add my input now. I love this knife as a S/D knife. It feels great, awesome lockup, the flipper is fast and smooth, and wow is that tip sharp! For edc use its not my favorite. Mine is also one of the limited edition blades with mine being #0069 of 600. Great knife a a great one to add to any collection

I've got one from Dave waiting for me at home when I go on leave for Christmas. I'll have to try really hard not to play with it the first night I'm there.

I have one its not something I would carry myself but its a well built sturdy medium large knife not to thick handle carries ok

Back