Zuava?

Jack Black

Seize the Lambsfoot! Seize the Day!
Platinum Member

I recently sponsored a few giveaways to mark my 10,000th post. One of them included a 1950 vintage Belgian Army Clasp Knife, and I had to apologise, because much as I love these knives, I knew that the springs would be too stiff for some of our members to get the blades open. Since then, I've been very fortunate to win not one, but two giveaways, and so I thought I'd host another one myself. This time I've picked a knife, the design of which makes it easy to open. I've only carried it a couple of times, but when I've posted pics, they've always drawn interested and appreciative comments. The knife in question is a Zuava, a knife with an interesting history (covered in various other threads on this forum). This is quite a small one, not a great deal bigger than a Peanut really, but a lot easier to open, and with a strong, solid blade. It's made in Managio, Italy by Maserin, it has brass liners and bolsters, olive wood covers, and the blade is 420 stainless, and sharp. I think it's a nice little knife that I hope a few of you would like a chance to win. This giveaway is open to all those who regularly frequent the Traditional forum. Just post 'I'm in', and I'll pick the winner by random number generator, and post it anywhere in the world.

Good luck everyone.

Jack

Last edited:
Not an entry, as I'd love that one to go to someone who needs an easy to open, pinchable knife. Thanks for the sweet giveaway and good luck to all!

I'd like to throw my hat in to this one, Jack. Thank you for the opportunity! That reminds me, I need to refill my arthritis meds prescription...

-Dan

This is not an entry.

This little knife is very interesting.

Thanks for showing it and it is very generous of you to offer it as a give away.

Cheers.

Awesome GAW. Thanks for your continued generosity.

Not an entry.

Can't wait to see more pics from the lucky winner!

I'll give it a try. I do miss my little peanut, so maybe the tiny knife gods will smile on me. Looks easy to pinch open.

Jack my friend you never cease to amaze me as well as others I'm sure:thumbup:

Your generosity is LEGEND...I had to barrow our good friend Duncan's term;):D it truly describes you Jack:thumbup:

I my friend will sit on the sidelines for this GAW as I was very fortunate to win the GAK in your last give away;)

Always a pleasure to witness your generosity:thumbup:

Paul took the works right out of my head, Jack

Sweet little knife but I will just observe this time.

I'm in, thanks! It's like someone at Maserin took one of them Sardinian folders whose name escapes me and shrunk it peanut sized!

I'm in -on behalf of a mate of mine of Italo-Australian descent and a knife head to boot.:thumbup:

Back