Are spears illegal to carry in Arizona

Wait, a "spear" with a 22" handle? That's not a spear. And a movie replica?

This thing?

61OMVNXw9bL._AC_UL1252_.jpg

Nah, man. That is NOT a weapon. That's a display piece, nothing more. Sure, it might work as a shank until it breaks on you, but then you've wasted $200 on a silly hunk of crap that's more likely to get you in trouble rather than save your life. Get a baton or a sturdy walking stick. Nobody's gonna call the cops/security on you for walking around Walmart or down the street with one of those. Or a fixed blade knife on your belt. Hell, get a bright yellow/neon green/orange fullsleeve shirt and put a short machete on your belt and pretend you're a landscaper.

Wait, a "spear" with a 22" handle? That's not a spear. And a movie replica?

This thing?

61OMVNXw9bL._AC_UL1252_.jpg

Nah, man. That is NOT a weapon. That's a display piece, nothing more. Sure, it might work as a shank until it breaks on you, but then you've wasted $200 on a silly hunk of crap that's more likely to get you in trouble rather than save your life. Get a baton or a sturdy walking stick. Nobody's gonna call the cops/security on you for walking around Walmart or down the street with one of those. Or a fixed blade knife on your belt. Hell, get a bright yellow/neon green/orange fullsleeve shirt and put a short machete on your belt and pretend you're a landscaper.
i got that one and im getting a special ordered one that has stronger material on the handle and tip i got that as a example of what i wanted at the start to see if i liked it and went on to get a better quality more durable one

im not saying that im going to walk down the street weaving it like im drunk ill have it on my person like everyone who carries a weapon on them with laws and guidelines this is the best thing i can get for my protection everyone has their preference for what they like to carry my dad has a gun cause hes old enough and thats what he likes im not allowed to have a gun yet so im trying to find out, yes my weapon of choice wont do much against other peoples weapons im not saying that just trying to figure out if im allowed to carry it i understand that there are risks just like everything else in life but having something like that can just save me someday
You still don't get it, I'm not sure how to make you understand. IT'S A BAD IDEA. Just by wearing it people will think there is something wrong with you, that you aren't all there. They will doubt whether you have the mental capacity to make a smart decision, and they can't be faulted for thinking that. You will gain undue attention from law enforcement and others. That's not what you want. If you are that worried about your safety, go start running, doing push-ups, and learning self defense. Carrying that stupid spear around is probably one of the dumbest things I've seen people post on here, and believe me, there has been some stupid shit posted before.

You still don't get it, I'm not sure how to make you understand. IT'S A BAD IDEA. Just by wearing it people will think there is something wrong with you, that you aren't all there. They will doubt whether you have the mental capacity to make a smart decision, and they can't be faulted for thinking that. You will gain undue attention from law enforcement and others. That's not what you want. If you are that worried about your safety, go start running, doing push-ups, and learning self defense. Carrying that stupid spear around is probably one of the dumbest things I've seen people post on here, and believe me, there has been some stupid shit posted before.
i dont think you are understanding i just asked if its illegal to or not i understand where you are coming from but everyone have there choice of what they like to carry and this would be mine i do workout i have weights and shit in my room to workout and i learned basic self defense but what good would working out do if someone has a knife to you being stronger will definitely help but sometimes having your own weapon on hand will make it better i already carry a pocket knife with me but it wont do to much so im here trying to figure out if its legal or not

i dont think you are understanding i just asked if its illegal to or not i understand where you are coming from but everyone have there choice of what they like to carry and this would be mine i do workout i have weights and shit in my room to workout and i learned basic self defense but what good would working out do if someone has a knife to you being stronger will definitely help but sometimes having your own weapon on hand will make it better i already carry a pocket knife with me but it wont do to much so im here trying to figure out if its legal or not
You can't carry it. Read post #37.

Whatever kid. I look forward to seeing a story about you on the evening news.

Thank you for finally explaining your motives. It would have been easier if you offered that info first. We're here to help you.

I strongly advise you to go to YouTube to the Active Self Protection channel and watch some videos of people fighting with knives and some videos of people defending themselves with pepper spray then come back and tell us which is the better choice for self defense.

Thank you for finally explaining your motives. It would have been easier if you offered that info first. We're here to help you.

I strongly advise you to go to YouTube to the Active Self Protection channel and watch some videos of people fighting with knives and some videos of people defending themselves with pepper spray then come back and tell us which is the better choice for self defense.
Or just running away real fast

i wouldn't be running around weaving it like a maniac it would be on my person where i can access it if needed

And how would that be done? No scabbard or sheath, no means of attachment to your person. There's absolutely no way to carry that thing and not look like a psycho. People are going to assume the worst about you, which is not that you're a dork who wishes he was in a video game, but that you're a tweaker on meth, crack, bathsalts, or some combination thereof. I would say that, with the caveat that I am not a lawyer, this is NOT legal for you to carry in public (until you're 21), and even if it were, is still likely going to get you in trouble with or at least hassled by the cops. At any age. Even in AZ. Because people can and will freak out, and there's still something called "disturbing the peace".

You shit in your room? And here I thought your toy spear was a problem.

If you aren't smart enough to figure out if it is legal to carry or not, you have your answer. Done.

Back