Beckers and Peppers

Next level heat.

From left to right: Trinidad Congo Habanero (up to 400 000 Scoville units), Big Black Mama (up to 1 million Scoville units) and Ghost Pepper (up to 1 million Scoville units).

4esPBWGh.jpg

Explains the white hot infrared reading. I thought Canada had experienced a nuclear attack.

I've had yellow jubilee tomatoes coming in at the same time. My routine has been: finely dice a tomato along with two or three peppers. Stir it all up in a bowl, hit the mix with some salt, and eat with fresh tortilla chips. So good.

That's a great idea. We have some lovely tomatoes coming in as well. Gonna try this out

Cranking it up to 11 today.

On the left of the frame from left-to-right:
Trinidad Congo Habanero (up to 400 000 Scoville units), Devil's Tongue (up to 325 000 Scoville units), Ghost Pepper (up to 1 million Scoville units) and the infamous Carolina Reaper (up to 2.2 million on the Scoville scale).

rAoN7nPh.jpg

Great thread! And now I'm hungry.

I love throwing some jalapenos on the grill and eating them with...anything.

I once had a friend that brought me a paper bag of some peppers to try. I asked him if they were hot.

He said, "I had to stop three times on the way over just to stomp the bag to put the fire out."

Great thread! And now I'm hungry.

I love throwing some jalapenos on the grill and eating them with...anything.

I once had a friend that brought me a paper bag of some peppers to try. I asked him if they were hot.

He said, "I had to stop three times on the way over just to stomp the bag to put the fire out."

That's funny! Let's see some pics of those grilled jalapenos!

And from last night.
Grilled pork tenderloin with fresh habanero dry rub.

DY58glah.jpg

Smaller, but more potent (hot) harvest this morning.

Habanero, some relatively mild Ring of Fires, two fiery Trinidad Congo Habaneros, a Big Black Mamma and one Devil's Tongue.

BTW, the BK3 is an amazing tool. Always rides in the truck.

rGqYhLqh.jpg
Ring of fire!!? that Even sounds like a bad idea, hahahaha..

Today's haul.

Three Cubanelles, one Trinidad Congo Habanero, one Carolina Reaper, one Ghost pepper, two Habaneros, two Devil's Tongue peppers (yellow), some Rings of Fire and a whack of Thai chilies.

S5g5cgrh.jpg

Our habanero plant did not do too well this year. I'm pretty sure the pup ate a part of it. It looks like it might just come back, but we'll see if it can rebound fast enough before the season is over. Our serranos, poblanos and jalapenos are doing well though.

Our habanero plant did not do too well this year. I'm pretty sure the pup ate a part of it. It looks like it might just come back, but we'll see if it can rebound fast enough before the season is over. Our serranos, poblanos and jalapenos are doing well though.

I'm making sure Zack stays away from our pepper plants. I think he would lose his mind if he ate a Ghost pepper or Carolina Reaper!

gmoneyluv said:
I'm making sure Zack stays away from our pepper plants. I think he would lose his mind if he ate a Ghost pepper or Carolina Reaper!
I wish those damn squirrels would get a hold of one of my Ghost. They take one bite out of everthing in my garden and move to the next!!! I want them to sample a Ghost Pepper lol

Back