Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

3e1aa9032e202e66c915116a5a5bc6b1.jpg
[emoji256]

Summer weather calls for a summer beverage. This is my first gin & tonic in quite a while (and only today did I realize my sister-in-law drank almost all the Tanqueray at Christmas). :D

770E11EB-84EC-4C43-82A9-12F991DDA579.jpg

Summer weather calls for a summer beverage. This is my first gin & tonic in quite a while (and only today did I realize my sister-in-law drank almost all the Tanqueray at Christmas). :D

Nice photo btb! Is it not always summer in Arizona?

9ab7b04a5d1bbfe3182a8daf3b141d36.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice photo btb! Is it not always summer in Arizona?

Sort of. In December/January we get a couple months of a kind of combination Fall/Spring. Even then, the highs are usually in the 60s-70s and overnight lows are rarely below freezing, and more often around 50°. On either side of that (Oct-Nov and Feb-Mar) you get beautiful temps in the upper 70s, low 80s. It's been getting warmer this week, got up to 95° or so today. Supposed to cool off a bit next week, but it'll go back up and keep on going. We average at least 100 days a year over 100°. 110° and even upwards of 115° is pretty normal for June/July/August.

Anyways, long story short, yes, it's like summer most of the year, but different versions of summer. I call them summer and super-summer. Super-summer isn't much fun. :D And of course, not all parts of Arizona are hot. It gets plenty cold up in the mountains and the high country, which is a large part of the state.

How do you like that Bell's? I've always been pretty impressed by their beers. Great stag on that #92, too! :thumbup:

Buzzbait, I haven't had the pleasure of tasting the two brews standing with it, but Racer 5 is one of my all-time favorite IPAs. One of them paired with that beautiful scout of yours would make for a good day, indeed. I suspect the other two would make it even better. ;)

Last edited:
That beer looks—and sounds, from the description—amazing. It pairs nicely with your BSK, too. Did you like it?

My chores for the day complete, it's time to sit outside for a spell and enjoy the extra daylight:

60d0aebfec428b168f7379ea06331b0e.jpg
Very good tart! Saisons, sours and tarts are just great in spring and summer. It was refreshing and my non-beer drinking wife actually liked it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Gin & tonic is one of my favorite cocktails. If you haven't tried it yet, consider picking up a bottle of Blue Coat Plymouth Dry Gin when you go to replace your Tanqueray. It's my go to for G&T.

I spent some quality time in the back yard today sharpening out the secondary bevel from my two puukkos. Man, they're sharp now. I'm rewarding my work with a gin old fashioned, made with St. George's Rye Gin:

92e379a41f1573b991c27838e0084bb8.jpg

An old pic, but the folder and drink are the same. I'll have to remember to take a pic with coffee.

7efd2786c31eb58ab5a62b1edc1e8592.jpg
Ohta friction folder. D2 abd Ironwood w/ leather slip. Traditional drink and blade.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gin & tonic is one of my favorite cocktails. If you haven't tried it yet, consider picking up a bottle of Blue Coat Plymouth Dry Gin when you go to replace your Tanqueray. It's my go to for G&T.

I'll keep an eye out for it next time I'm at the liquor store. :thumbup: Fortunately, I had other a couple other gins on hand, so I didn't have to go without. There wasn't even enough Tanqueray left for a whole drink! :eek: :D

The ever-present Peanut and a beer so unremarkable that I've already forgotten what it is...

fSqLgrV.jpg

Might have to make one of those St. George's Rye Gin Old Fashioneds tonight, though!

Back