I am a pain to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted in I think two of your threads. I asked you for evidence or data to back up your claims. I wasn't the only person to do that. You said it was "our job" to defend our position when you hadn't posted a single piece of materials science data. If you're going to make assertions you should be able to defend them even if it's citing personal experience as evidence. You don't get to shift the burden of proof to people asking you for evidence. I think that kind of attitude is a part of the problem.

I did. Here:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ves?p=15922658&highlight=brittle#post15922658

Rx you don't debate, you spew your opinions as facts. Multiple people have said this.

Personally I think you're being a complainer, there is an IGNORE FUNCTION that apparently you refuse to use.

Rev mentioned it above(ignore feature), your "debating with your opinions as fact" oobviously doesn't make you well liked here.

Change or continue to gather people in the "RX is an intolerable know it all" train of thought.

Either way use the ignore function with people you don't like.

Rx you don't debate, you spew your opinions as facts. Multiple people have said this.

Personally I think you're being a complainer, there is an IGNORE FUNCTION that apparently you refuse to use.

Rev mentioned it above, your "debating with your opinionsas fact" oobviously doesn't make you well liked here.

Change or continue to gather people in the "RX is an intolerable know it all" train of thought.

Either way use the ignore function with people you don't like.

If I post a fact, and you mistake it for an opinion, I can see why you would feel that way.

Nice, everything is everyone else's fault. The growing number of people who share disdain for you is because you are right all the time lol what a joke :rolleyes:
If I post a fact, and you mistake it for an opinion, I can see why you would feel that way.

Nice, everything is everyone else's fault. The growing number of people who share disdain for you is because you are right all the time lol what a joke :rolleyes:

Look, you're talking about the 1095 steel thread where I said that it was a low toughness steel among carbon steels. This was treated as an opinion by you and others who weren't necessarily familiar with the technical use of the term. It wasn't an opinion, and sometimes information that is surprising sounds like a wild claim, even though it is a very simple truth.

Last edited:
mdHEFSW.gif

All this back and forth ultimately adds to the pile.

You don't have the power to clean up any of it.

I mean you could dwell on it or your could let the stink fade in the rear view mirror.

You'll either be standing waist deep in it or a respectable ways from it when the guys with the shovels show up. (and many kudos to the mods for taking the time)

Just a thought.

My advice is to chill out and stop adding to the pile.

As I pointed out, all I have to do is post a thread now and it turns into a circus without any further input from me.

I've been observing certain activity in General that is being mentioned here. so I'll share my thoughts on the matter-

I could be wrong, but I've gotten the feeling that RX-79G has been starting threads with the intent to stir people up, rather than for the purpose of generating an exchange of ideas/opinions/etc. But like I said, I could be wrong about that. I can't read minds or look into RX-79G's soul. Maybe he's not trolling, and that's just the way he comes across to me. My ability to read people on the internet isn't perfect.

But in those threads I have also seen what I consider to be intentional trolling against RX-79G by other members. I believe that those other members were not interested in having a discussion, but were instead only interested in prodding RX-79G, trying to antagonize him, and generally imply that he is stupid.

I think it's wrong to start a "troll thread" just to stir things up, but I think it's just as bad to troll the "troll thread". And I think it's wrong and unfair to single out one person who engages in trolling, and criticize them but not the others.

And when I see the same people trolling in thread after thread (and I don't mean RX-79G), I can't help but wonder why they feel free to engage in such behavior. I can't help but wonder if they are somehow immune from punishment. Again, I could be all wrong, but I have gotten that distinct impression.

Last edited:
I've been observing certain activity in General that is being mentioned here. so I'll share my thoughts on the matter-

I could be wrong, but I've gotten the feeling that RX-79G has been starting threads with the intent to stir people up, rather than for the purpose of generating an exchange of ideas/opinions/etc. But like I said, I could be wrong about that. I can't read minds or look into RX-79G's soul. Maybe he's not trolling, and that's just the way he comes across to me. My ability to read people on the internet isn't perfect.

But in those threads I have also seen what I consider to be intentional trolling against RX-79G by other members. I believe that those other members were not interested in having a discussion, but were instead only interested in prodding RX-79G, trying to antagonize him, and generally imply that he is stupid.

I think it's wrong to start a "troll thread" just to stir things up, but I think it's just as bad to troll the "troll thread". And I think it's wrong and unfair to single out one person who engages in trolling, and criticize them but not the others.

And when I see the same people trolling in thread after thread (and I don't mean RX-79G), I can't help but wonder why they feel free to engage in such behavior. I can't help but wonder if they are somehow immune from punishment. Again, I could be all wrong, but I have gotten that distinct impression.

Thank you for your support for fairness.

And I am genuinely interested in the both the topics I post and the on-topic conversation that happens from an interesting topic.

If you want straightforward answers and participation, ask a straightforward question. And when people answer don't vomit all over what they contribute.

I think you post the threads you post just to wind up at a predetermined conclusion you've already come to.

Ever heard that old joke where the guy goes to the doctor and says "doc, it hurts when I do this" and the doctor tells him "well, don't do that". Suppose the same guy goes to the doctor and says "doc, everybody picks on me for being an extraneous, self righteous, argumentative windbag"...

If you want straightforward answers and participation, ask a straightforward question. And when people answer don't vomit all over what they contribute.

I think you post the threads you post just to wind up at a predetermined conclusion you've already come to.

Ever heard that old joke where the guy goes to the doctor and says "doc, it hurts when I do this" and the doctor tells him "well, don't do that". Suppose the same guy goes to the doctor and says "doc, everybody picks on me for being an extraneous, self righteous, argumentative windbag"...

The feedback I'm receiving is that using a question mark in the rhetorical thread title is a large problem for people, since they are confused why I am asking a question and then discussing some of the answers.

So you don't think that Anderssen character was way over the top? I admit he was shoved around a bit, but I felt he earned it. He acted as if he wanted it. (He was blatantly trolling. And not only in that one thread)

Bottom line is, if you have something legit to post, post it. You can't post something and stamp your feet and throw a tantrum if folks don't respond the way you want them to, so word your threads knowing that fact.

If you just want to be incendiary and bicker, there's areas for that and they aren't named "General Discussion".

As I pointed out, all I have to do is post a thread now and it turns into a circus without any further input from me.

I was going to stay out of it, but this comment forced my hand.

You have 12 of the 33 posts (as of this one) in this thread, sounds like further input to me.

I was going to stay out of it, but this comment forced my hand.

You have 12 of the 33 posts (as of this one) in this thread, sounds like further input to me.

I was not referring to this thread, but the last one I posted in general.

There's 13.

When someone decides to write and defend posts like it was their private blog vs. an open forum they're going to generate discussion on a site of this size.

And given the size of this site chances are they're going to get negative feedback along with the positive. If you can't cope with those that don't agree it'll be a bumpy ride.

So you don't think that Anderssen character was way over the top? I admit he was shoved around a bit, but I felt he earned it. He acted as if he wanted it. (He was blatantly trolling. And not only in that one thread)

Bottom line is, if you have something legit to post, post it. You can't post something and stamp your feet and throw a tantrum if folks don't respond the way you want them to, so word your threads knowing that fact.

If you just want to be incendiary and bicker, there's areas for that and they aren't named "General Discussion".
What you call "don't respond the way you want them to" is what Killgar referred to as "trolling".

Speakin of which, now that KingMC has spoken is that all of your gang? Danke, Greykilt, King, marcinek, shiny, Antdog, 6850, Mecha... okay, trevitrace abd Craytab are the only ones of the usual suspects who didn't just "happen" on this and felt that their 2 cents was valuable.

The fact that you are all here illustrates something about what is going on more than my words can. This is just bullying, whether you do it to me or anyone else. It doesn't matter if anyone doesn't meet your crew's definition of "proper" behavior when you clearly don't hold yourselves to any such standard.

How did this get this far? Even more weird is how people announce "you've been added to my ignor list". Just do it. No need to pollute an already convoluted thread.

What you call "don't respond the way you want them to" is what Killgar referred to as "trolling".

Speakin of which, now that KingMC has spoken is that all of your gang? Danke, Greykilt, King, marcinek, shiny, Antdog, 6850, Mecha... okay, trevitrace abd Craytab are the only ones of the usual suspects who didn't just "happen" on this and felt that their 2 cents was valuable.

The fact that you are all here illustrates something about what is going on more than my words can. This is just bullying, whether you do it to me or anyone else. It doesn't matter if anyone doesn't meet your crew's definition of "proper" behavior when you clearly don't hold yourselves to any such standard.

What did I post that you took such umbrage to? I was trying to help you out. Don't want to be ridiculed? Try posting a thread that's not ridiculous.

I'm not trying to bully you at all. I was trying to clue you in. My only fault was that I was trying to make you aware of something that you are obviously already aware of. You do what you do to get the reaction you get... And you know it.

Not much more I can say.

While I feel there might be a case of confirmation bias here, i cannot control in any way how you see your side of things.

I can only say I personally have a broad range on the forums, I frequent many subforums including this one for threads that might pique my interest enough to comment, or supply me with some good reading material for when I'm awake late. I've learned a lot from Tech Support and GB&U threads, it's in my well being to read up on them. This thread just happened to be here when I was here.

What you see as stalking, is really just active forumites being active in all parts of the forum, which happen to be parts where you like to start threads. If you think there's a vast scheme to follow you around and throw your threads into disarray, you give other forumites way too much credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back