I am a pain to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an observation, but I can't help but wonder what, if anything, this thread is going to resolve.

Is RX-79G going to convince everyone that he's right? Is everyone else going to convince him that he's wrong? I doubt we will see either such outcome.

Or is this going to be another epic-long thread of back and forth, ending with a threadlock?

I believe that every day presents an opportunity to start fresh. If a person recognizes that they have made mistakes in the past, then they can commit themselves to not repeating those mistakes today, and in the future.

And if a person believes that they have been treated unfairly on this forum, then they need to decide privately if they wish to continue as a member on this forum.

And if they choose to remain a member here, then I believe that they should let go of the past, don't dwell on it, and start fresh.

These are just my opinions. And I do not presume to suggest that I know best.

Just an observation, but I can't help but wonder what, if anything, this thread is going to resolve.

Is RX-79G going to convince everyone that he's right? Is everyone else going to convince him that he's wrong? I doubt we will see either such outcome.

Or is this going to be another epic-long thread of back and forth, ending with a threadlock?

I believe that every day presents an opportunity to start fresh. If a person recognizes that they have made mistakes in the past, then they can commit themselves to not repeating those mistakes today, and in the future.

And if a person believes that they have been treated unfairly on this forum, then they need to decide privately if they wish to continue as a member on this forum.

And if they choose to remain a member here, then I believe that they should let go of the past, don't dwell on it, and start fresh.

These are just my opinions. And I do not presume to suggest that I know best.

I posted this to try and get to the heart of the issue with what I see as disruptive bullying of a lot of members by Craytab and marcinek. And I posted/quoted the reasons I think this isn't some fantasy I have, but a real issue felt across the forum. One that even people on this thread refer to.

Beyond that, I'm taking this chance to accept the feedback and really look at the interactions. Sometimes I'm a nard, but many, many interactions are like those with LX and KingMC - people who start with the assumption that I'm in the wrong for posting something about knives, then going after me. And while I may have acted poorly at times, I really think the strongest feelings people have are from how often Craytab and others state and re-state their negative opinion of me.

I keep being told to reform my ways, but even when I am polite and to the point, threads get closed and I am accused of shit-stirring. I am "part of the problem", but I can't correct a problem that is perpetuated in large part by a few individuals that have an ax to grind and will violate the decorum of the forum to do so at every opportunity. And I'd rather not get bullied off the forum by such behavior.

Whether people enjoy interacting with me or not is their choice. Whether they can ruin a thread to signal their lack of enjoyment shouldn't be their choice. I'm the lightning rod, not the storm.

I would really appreciate if Rev would deal with the specific problems with these members in some proactive way. If Craytab and marcinek's broadly viewed misanthrope is necessary and valuable to the forum, despite the fact that they cause chaos with members like me, then I should probably be banned for the good of the forum so their feathers remain unrumpled. But I wouldn't be banned because I violated any rule - I would be banned because the loudest people hate me.

Last edited:
Now who's grasping at straws?

Considering you claimed to not believe that...now you're going to claim that you're insulted?

I apologize if you're truly hurt by that. No offense was intended to you personally.

Considering you claimed to not believe that...now you're going to claim that you're insulted?

I apologize if you're truly hurt by that. No offense was intended to you personally.

Don't worry about it. You did not go after him personally because his identity is masked behind his user name and his complete lack of information in his profile.

You however are a different story. You're a paying supporter of this site who's name and reputation could be impacted by his ill formed opinions and bad information.

He's rude at best and way out of line the rest of the time.

You have all your info and links clearly posted and someone searched you up on google it's possible they could find RX-79G trashing what you make.

I don't understand. Saying that something I created is stupid is insulting, and I find it insulting.

As far as your professional reputation goes, I don't want to damage your business in any way. If I were you, I wouldn't get into fights with anyone, whether they are actually "massively false" or you just suspect they might be. I post on bike forums under my bike business name, and make sure that I don't have unpleasant interactions with anyone - no matter how trolly they are.

So if you would like all your and my interactive posts removed to preserve your business, I would support that request with the Mods. I don't know why you would want any of these posts associated with your business.

I remain anonymous on this site BECAUSE I don't want my real life spammed or otherwise threatened by people upset over a steel alloy.

And I just apologised. But I suppose you're going to ignore that as well?

And I've not been upset about the alloy for ages. I decided you had a good part of a point. I still think the way you go about it is awful. But the point was good.

The only thing I'm upset about is being personally attacked.

But considering you seem to be incapable of admitting you're wrong. I've since given up hope of any form or shape of an apology.

If I offended you in that thread, then I honestly apologise. I truly did not mean to.

And I just apologised. But I suppose you're going to ignore that as well?

And I've not been upset about the alloy for ages. I decided you had a good part of a point. I still think the way you go about it is awful. But the point was good.

The only thing I'm upset about is being personally attacked.

But considering you seem to be incapable of admitting you're wrong. I've since given up hope of any form or shape of an apology.

If I offended you in that thread, then I honestly apologise. I truly did not mean to.

I accept your apology, and did not lose sleep over you calling anything "stupid". I apologize for reacting to your strident posts in kind.

And, I think your knives are very attractive.

Ignore button FTW. Keeps you from hearing and doing business with toxic people. Use it!

Yes you are clearly a pain to deal with but so are the Wine and Cheese bullies who bait people to have melt downs. Bullying idiots is inherently onerous, maybe even more so here given the chicken shit nature of being mostly hidden behind usernames.

Might doesn't make right, and ganging up en masse on every ninja attorney and troll makes you look the bigger idiot, not them. Making sport of fools or the less fortunate is bullying plain and simple.

I've got nothing against you, man, but here's my perception.

A. You frequently come off as condescending. It seems that you enjoy asking semi-rhetorical questions then answering them yourself. That's honestly a fine format for a lecture, but it comes off very badly if you're trying to have a conversation among equals. Snark and passive-aggressive shots aren't the appropriate response to that, but they're ones that should be reasonably expected.
B. You DO post facts and data. But you then extrapolate opinions from said data that you also treat as facts. Often, I think it's purely because you haven't defined your term. The Spyderhole thread is a good example. You used the word efficiency repeatedly, but never defined what kind of efficiency or what the effect was. Yes, thumb studs often travel a shorter distance than a Spyderhole and that's a fact, but if we're talking about opening a knife and you use the word efficiency, I'm NOT thinking about the shortest distance between two points, but muscular efficiency. Try strumming a guitar and then doing some finger-picking, which one requires greater travel? Which one is more muscularly efficient?
C. You don't seem to be able to let anything go. I'll be honest, I LIKE both Marci and Cray, but they're both ornery and abrasive as hell. Honestly, both do fine if you them respectfully and honestly, but if they poke you and you rise to the bait, you've already lost. And, I've gotta be honest, man, it just seems like you ALWAYS rise to the bait.

Good luck, man, I think you have some interesting things to say and some solid knowledge. I hope you relax a little and learn to get poked and poke back in the spirit of fun.

Last edited:
I do rise to the bait. I don't think anyone should be baited, so if that's the forum experience they want, that's what they're going to get.

I stood up to bullies as a little kid, I'm not going to stop now.

I do rise to the bait. I don't think anyone should be baited, so if that's the forum experience they want, that's what they're going to get.

Just keep in mind that here, the ONLY power that bullies have is the power to make you react. Take that away and they're howling in the wind.

How many times do people have to say it before you understand? "Standing up to" trolls is trolling in itself. Put them on ignore and see how that changes your forum experience.

Doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different outcome is crazy.

I admire those who stand up to bullies, I really do.

The problem for you is that you jump to the conclusion that if someone doesn't agree with you and posts in your thread, they're a bully. That assumption causes problems considering no one is 100% agreed with, there will always be at least one person per thread that disagrees with the premise of the thread. You seem set on proving dissenters are mistaken, and that takes your threads way past their useful points regardless of your intent.

Just keep in mind that here, the ONLY power that bullies have is the power to make you react. Take that away and they're howling in the wind.

They can also clog up a thread and get it closed with just their posts. And if they are unsuccessfully baiting me, they are likely picking a fight with someone else. I've seen that, over and over.

This isn't like complaining that the wind is too strong. They are people, capable of acting appropriately, just like everyone else. They just don't have to, for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back