I did it with the help of the CRK forum

Thanks for the update Bill, I'm thinking about something for my 25 now

Here is an update on the Small Regular BG-42 that I added dolphins to. I carry it everyday with out fail and the dolphins have not moved. That tape is something. If you look close you can see that it is a serrated blade (by Chris Reeve). Well the other day I was looking around and found a Large Reg. BG-42 serrated (by Chris Reeve) and so my small with have a big brother. I will be looking for some dolphins, not my originals (thanks to Haze suggestion) to add to the Lg. Again thanks to everyone for their help.

I was looking at the thread about inlay on the Inkosi and the use of vhb tape. Well it has been almost 3 years and they are still on. I carry this sweet little knife everyday. I will pick a different large but the small is always with me. Many have tried to push the dolphins off but no luck. It is really some great stuff.

Do you happen to remember or have the thread as to which VHB tape you used? Have thought seriously about putting a chief anchor on my Inkosi.

Do you happen to remember or have the thread as to which VHB tape you used? Have thought seriously about putting a chief anchor on my Inkosi.

If you need some PM me your address and I will send you some. I got it off ebay and more than I will every use. Let me know what size you would need.

Thanks for this thread my vhb tape wl arrive on Wednesday and I'll pick up a CIB before then and give it a go.

Which position?

bfb7e01622953b43b52ef880f66021e4.jpg

Towards the back like this?

d340cc70c5b07c9992c3d5d56ce9ba56.jpg

Or in the middle like this?

I'm thinking towards the back but it does kinda throw off the balance

This is a cool thread and resurrection.

Awesome gesture Birdhunter.

G-Chris..both positions look good...I like it off center towards the lanyard and leaves a nice patch of that beautiful CF exposed..

..Is there one placement that would be more comfortable in hand for you?.. Not a major concern on a small knife, I suppose..something to consider, maybe.

Looks great either way.

I filed the the pin nubs off today and played held it with it in each position and it's about the same no matter though I thing there'd be less pressure on it in the middle. I have until Wednesday to decide.

The tape got here a bit early so it's done. I will say that it was a PITA because it's so small and detailed.

d77d535e51b6dd355102b979853e7f54.jpg

Reactions: HST
Okay Birdhunter, here is mine, I was a Tank Commaner in the Army with the 2nd Armored Division (FWD) US Cavalry 2/1 Cav D Troop.

IMG_2406_zpsgf5onz4j.jpg

IMG_2408_zps5fpjoyqw.jpg

IMG_2407_zpshwupcmfd.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HST
Well my small Regular is back from the mother ship. I sent her in for engraving. Sadly they had to bead blast the handles to do the work, but she has already got some character in my pocket this past week. They did a great job as I expected. I am trying to figure out how to make the inside of the engraving silver so it stands out (any thoughts?). Her she is:

Last edited:
Back