infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you even want to come back under a different account if you feel so strongly against the members (at least their views)/mods/rules of this forum. What purpose would that serve? Unless you have full intentions of trying to create havoc or play off of attention, which to me, you seem to be doing here.

.... i honestly feel that i'm in a concentration camp when on these forums. ....

That right there is the single most offensive thing I have ever seen on this, or any other, forum.

That said I'd suggest moving on by either getting over it and enjoying this place, or splitting. Either way, you will live. Entirely unlike many, many people who were in concentration camps.

if i don't get apologized to first then i wont apologize, especially since my end was a misunderstanding and his was a rude attack. i think the only people who need to man up are the ones who telling me too. i get that he's friends with many of you and is highly known on this website and that's why you defend him, but if you were to actually read my end and understand where i'm coming from maybe you'd agree with me. this whole thing has set me off bladeforums and i will most likely not use it again unless its on a different account. i honestly feel that i'm in a concentration camp when on these forums. the rules are to strict and having to pay for a membership especially when its so expensive just to have your account banned is unacceptable. i guess ill be going to a forum where they support the freedom of speech and don't act like children when someone says a "potty" word i thought you had to be over 18 to use a buy a knife?;) seeya!

See ya!

Okay okay I'm an old booger so I got to step back and wrap my brain around all this...hmmmm...

1. I go into the bar right up to the bartender "Im Greykilt. Gimme a cider."
2. He say "No Cider."
3. I say "You Jerk!"
4. He say "Dont talk like that here. If you do, leave. Behave, stay.
5. I'm mad. I have righteous indignation. How dare You tell Me to behave! I storm out into the night.
6. I decide to change my name from Greykilt to Tom.
7. Next day I walk into the bar right up to that bartender.
8. He say "Wern't you that rude Greykilt guy in here yesterday? "
9. "Why no. No. Not at all. I'm Tom. Now gimme a cider, Jerk!"

Oh yeah, sounds like a plan to me. No one will ever know.......

if i don't get apologized to first then i wont apologize, especially since my end was a misunderstanding and his was a rude attack. i think the only people who need to man up are the ones who telling me too. i get that he's friends with many of you and is highly known on this website and that's why you defend him, but if you were to actually read my end and understand where i'm coming from maybe you'd agree with me. this whole thing has set me off bladeforums and i will most likely not use it again unless its on a different account. i honestly feel that i'm in a concentration camp when on these forums. the rules are to strict and having to pay for a membership especially when its so expensive just to have your account banned is unacceptable. i guess ill be going to a forum where they support the freedom of speech and don't act like children when someone says a "potty" word i thought you had to be over 18 to use a buy a knife?;) seeya!
This is a good way to live your life! :rolleyes: And I'm thirteen and I know there is more people my age out there. This is a forum where they allow "free speech", In Whine & cheese: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/684-Whine-amp-Cheese

Last edited:
This is a good way to live your life! :rolleyes: And I'm thirteen and I know there is more people my age out there. This is a forum where they allow "free speech", In Whine & cheese.

Truly free speech is only allowed in the Cove...;)

OP: Just don't be sassy or nasty to the people with red user names (or anyone for that matter). Be glad that you only got points, a mod easily could have banned you.

Another vote for closing this thread. (Although I see the points that Esav made, I still think that this one needs to end.)

I have three pages and 40 points against me still, not a big deal buddy, let it go.

Okay okay I'm an old booger so I got to step back and wrap my brain around all this...hmmmm...

1. I go into the bar right up to the bartender "Im Greykilt. Gimme a cider."
2. He say "No Cider."
3. I say "You Jerk!"
4. He say "Dont talk like that here. If you do, leave. Behave, stay.
5. I'm mad. I have righteous indignation. How dare You tell Me to behave! I storm out into the night.
6. I decide to change my name from Greykilt to Tom.
7. Next day I walk into the bar right up to that bartender.
8. He say "Wern't you that rude Greykilt guy in here yesterday? "
9. "Why no. No. Not at all. I'm Tom. Now gimme a cider, Jerk!"

Oh yeah, sounds like a plan to me. No one will ever know.......

^haha.

Nay Yeoman belay that last. Let 'er sail on. I vote OPEN.
I am friends with several moderators and proud to say so. I came here to talk about knives and make some new friends and the start was a little rough. Right off the bat got into an argument. Next day a moderator took my post and moved it to whine and cheese, best thing that ever happened to me and I've hung my hat there ever since.Find your place in this community, panther. You must be somewhat special, you got 3 pages and 52 posts outta this thread. Thats more than most of us get.
Nobody wants to see anyone banned thus all the posts of people here trying to help you. :)

Last edited:
Accountability is a characteristic of maturity in people. Blaming everyone on the planet for things other than yourself does not always work well.

This is the crux of it. You messed up, sometimes you have to take the high road no matter what the facts are. In this case, you're being asked to observe basic manners in someone else's home. After reading it, I don't think your comment was that offensive; you asked for a response when you made a one line complaint in a thread that although based on Ka-Bar quality issues, contained posts with lots of extra details, truly exceptional responses from Ethan Becker, and a group that are hardcore followers of the Ka-Bar and Becker brands. You made a remark about never wanting to be involved through buying a Ka-Bar again, and someone told you "see ya!". It was a bit of miscommunication for sure, and of course you aren't familiar with the rules or the culture. One thing I noticed is that a new member really wouldn't know Bladite was a moderator. His tag line says something like "Mystery Man of Leisure", and red names and orange names blend together easily, if you understand that the site is color coded at all. Plus, I'm guessing you're young - even for a knife forum.

I don't like to see new members get kicked out or put on fire before they even get acclimated - but you have been given a chance to make it right. You don't want to take that opportunity. If you would man up, I'm fairly sure you can get the infraction set to expire. If you would have made a pre emptive effort to take some accountability and explain yourself before so many members gave you a road map, I would almost bet that Bladite and the mod that issued the infraction would gave probably reversed it.

I actually understand your POV. You used a dirty word (which Spark has said many times he doesn't really care), against a moderator (that isn't explicitly identified as a moderator), and the comment wasn't as adversarial as describing it makes it sound (if I remember correctly you told him he didn't have to be an a-hole or asked him not to be an a-hole, which doesn't seem as hurtful in hindsight), and you have plausible deniability as a new member, even though you should have taken the time to read the ToS people are understanding about that. 40 points was pretty harsh considering you only have 50. You misinterpreted his comment; but you did it in a place that you're ultimately a guest. You don't go to a friend's house and drink their last beer do you? I mean, in an even scenario, two people would have equal rights to a beer - but in someone else's home you are expected to pay them some respect. People will judge you on how giving you are, how forgiving you are, and how much you will sacrifice so others do not have to.

The fact is you made a mistake; a mistake that everyone here is willing to forgive - but you also were presented with a test that we all agree is a good indication of what type of person you are. What is bad about it isn't that you won't be part of the forum now, but that you're putting off a lesson that you will either learn sooner or later, or you will make your life much much harder than it has to be (that's the selfish side of it). You're also going to burden the people around you with that attitude - your friends and family. For every mistake or tresspass someone will ultimately be held accountable; I'm guessing you're the kid that tries to blame others, and when the occasion allows puts responsibility and accountability off on people like your mother. Society doesn't have respect for that type of thing, and we certainly don't in this community. You aren't throwing away your chance to be part of the forum, you're passing up the opportunity to reach a major milestone in your life whether you realize it now or not.

We actually have a section of the forum called Whine and Cheese where you can call everybody asshole all you want, post whatever you want, and apologies are a sign of weakness. It's a parody of free speech, you would probably enjoy it. If you would have read the forums, the FAQs, the rules and lurked for a bit you would have known that. It's too late for that, but you still have the opportunity to issue an apology, make an attempt at admitting your mistake and clearing your name, and blending back into the crowd. We've already made 50 posts on your account, nobody would have invested that time if they didn't care at all - but your actions don't make you look like a promising effort. You will probably get banned sooner or later anyway if you insist on being childish regarding your own mistakes (forget what you think the other guy did or owes you, worry about yourself), but dozens of people have made an attempt to steer you in the right direction anyway. What I hate more than seeing new members leave or get kicked out because a mistake is someone wasting an opportunity.

See ya! Don't let the door hit you on the south side!

I might have been inclined to ask for some leniency if there had been an adult on the other end of the deal. But after this kind of display? Not so much.
Frankly, no one has been banned, and no one is making pantherguy leave. He just isn't getting his way, and so he's threatening to take his ball and go home.
He did essentially the same thing in his first post in Becker, he got a reply he didn't like, and he decided to throw an insult in the direction of a moderator. That action comes with consequences.
How we deal with consequences signals our character. In this case, pantherguy isn't quite up to snuff for BFC, and judging from the above post, I do not expect him to get there anytime soon.
It speaks volumes that he keeps invoking the possibility of flaunting the rules and coming back under a different username/IP.

The way he acts, no disguise is going to be very effective for long.... :rolleyes:

Some people just don't know how to play....

This is the crux of it. You messed up, sometimes you have to take the high road no matter what the facts are. In this case, you're being asked to observe basic manners in someone else's home. After reading it, I don't think your comment was that offensive; you asked for a response when you made a one line complaint in a thread that although based on Ka-Bar quality issues, contained posts with lots of extra details, truly exceptional responses from Ethan Becker, and a group that are hardcore followers of the Ka-Bar and Becker brands. You made a remark about never wanting to be involved through buying a Ka-Bar again, and someone told you "see ya!". It was a bit of miscommunication for sure, and of course you aren't familiar with the rules or the culture. One thing I noticed is that a new member really wouldn't know Bladite was a moderator. His tag line says something like "Mystery Man of Leisure", and red names and orange names blend together easily, if you understand that the site is color coded at all. Plus, I'm guessing you're young - even for a knife forum.

I don't like to see new members get kicked out or put on fire before they even get acclimated - but you have been given a chance to make it right. You don't want to take that opportunity. If you would man up, I'm fairly sure you can get the infraction set to expire. If you would have made a pre emptive effort to take some accountability and explain yourself before so many members gave you a road map, I would almost bet that Bladite and the mod that issued the infraction would gave probably reversed it.

I actually understand your POV. You used a dirty word (which Spark has said many times he doesn't really care), against a moderator (that isn't explicitly identified as a moderator), and the comment wasn't as adversarial as describing it makes it sound (if I remember correctly you told him he didn't have to be an a-hole or asked him not to be an a-hole, which doesn't seem as hurtful in hindsight), and you have plausible deniability as a new member, even though you should have taken the time to read the ToS people are understanding about that. 40 points was pretty harsh considering you only have 50. You misinterpreted his comment; but you did it in a place that you're ultimately a guest. You don't go to a friend's house and drink their last beer do you? I mean, in an even scenario, two people would have equal rights to a beer - but in someone else's home you are expected to pay them some respect. People will judge you on how giving you are, how forgiving you are, and how much you will sacrifice so others do not have to.

The fact is you made a mistake; a mistake that everyone here is willing to forgive - but you also were presented with a test that we all agree is a good indication of what type of person you are. What is bad about it isn't that you won't be part of the forum now, but that you're putting off a lesson that you will either learn sooner or later, or you will make your life much much harder than it has to be (that's the selfish side of it). You're also going to burden the people around you with that attitude - your friends and family. For every mistake or tresspass someone will ultimately be held accountable; I'm guessing you're the kid that tries to blame others, and when the occasion allows puts responsibility and accountability off on people like your mother. Society doesn't have respect for that type of thing, and we certainly don't in this community. You aren't throwing away your chance to be part of the forum, you're passing up the opportunity to reach a major milestone in your life whether you realize it now or not.

We actually have a section of the forum called Whine and Cheese where you can call everybody asshole all you want, post whatever you want, and apologies are a sign of weakness. It's a parody of free speech, you would probably enjoy it. If you would have read the forums, the FAQs, the rules and lurked for a bit you would have known that. It's too late for that, but you still have the opportunity to issue an apology, make an attempt at admitting your mistake and clearing your name, and blending back into the crowd. We've already made 50 posts on your account, nobody would have invested that time if they didn't care at all - but your actions don't make you look like a promising effort. You will probably get banned sooner or later anyway if you insist on being childish regarding your own mistakes (forget what you think the other guy did or owes you, worry about yourself), but dozens of people have made an attempt to steer you in the right direction anyway. What I hate more than seeing new members leave or get kicked out because a mistake is someone wasting an opportunity.
This is mostly correct, his name was red and didn't say anything that hinted he was a mod, i just assumed it was another paid membership perk. this is why i feel i should have not gotten 40 permanent points off for "sassing the mods" as i had no intentions of "sassing a mod". I don't know that this site forgives misunderstandings, but i would ask to reevaluate the situation. as for calling him an asshole that was wrong, i still feel his original comment as rude, and not a friendly seeya, so maybe i should have said "hey man, i don't know if you took my comment the wrong way but could you tell me what you mean by 'seeya'? i'm new to this forum and don't know why you'd tell me goodbye just because i said i would most likely not buy from kabar again? so as for calling him an asshole and not telling why my feelings were hurt, i am truly sorry. i originally started this thread to talk 1on1 with an admin or mod to try explain to me why i was missing points for sassing a mod, 'at this time i still didn't understand bladite was a mod'. after many members not understanding, blaming me, calling me immature, telling me i wont be missed, i decided it would be in my best interest to leave. there were some who gave me nice advice and i thank you, but i get the impression that many of you are clingy and protective of your forums, and that is understandable, but please know the full story before you make any calls. and about the making a new account thing, right now i have 40 points out of 50, so if i do something as simple as interfering with a exchange thread, or a mod thinks i'm "trolling" my account will be banned. and this is a problem because i originally planned on buying a membership, but to lose my money over something as simple as a troll, or off topic post/thread is not something i plan to do. if i leave or not i'm still thinking about, but i have a lot of pride and i'm not going to leave with people not knowing my story. if you understand or even agree with me good, feel free to reply. but if all you want to do is try and tell me whats wrong with me or try and make a smartarse response, please no comment.

I'm Greykilt. Not sure why but I care. Lots a folks here told you, showed you, coached you, on what to do.
Recap:
Learn the rules of BF membership and apply them.
Go to Bladites profile and leave a visitor message, e mail, whatever and fix it.
Continue to visit the forums and read the posts.
Something interests you, reply.
You feel the need to let your hair down, grab your bowie, and swing through the jungle? Whine & Cheese.-we'll be waiting, hee hee hee......

Pantherguy, still lurking, don't you have somewhere else you'd rather go, I mean considering the restrictive atmosphere here, maybe you should go someplace more akin to your mentality, like Whyville or one of the other juvenile sites out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back