is it ok to be a bigot in whine and cheese?

Status
Not open for further replies.
racism is frowned upon in every part of this site but apparently in whine and cheese it is ok to call a lesbian person a "chick fag" with no repercussions? and apparently it is ok to throw the word "fag" around with impunity because it isn't as offensive as, say, the word "nigger," "chink," "kike," "wop," or "spic"? apparently it is offensive since the girl referred to as a "chick fag" took offense...

I keep seeing the "keep out if you are easily offended" quote thrown around and around, but no one seems to have read the rule re: racism/bigotry:

Spark who owns bladeforums and makes the rules said:
Racism / Bigotry / etc
Keep it off our site. Period.

This infraction can be issued as a warning. It does not expire. It is worth 30 points towards your total

so what is it? which rule supercedes which? the whine and cheese abandon hope all ye who enter warning? or the rule giving out 30 points for racism/bigotry?

is it or is it not ok to be a bigot and racist in whine and cheese without fear of a 30 point infraction?

ETA: before someone asks, yes, i reported the original post but nothing was done...

Is it Ok for you to call someone "retarded"( used as a slur in anger) while complaining about the use of the word "fag"(used in jest)..........

so it is ok to be a bigot in jest? and like I said in the thread I am referring to, I didn't call anyone a "retard" but described their cognitive abilities as mentally retarded. split hairs all you want karda and stick up for homophobes and bigots all you want. It doesn't say much for your qualifications as a moderator on this site, does it?

better yet, infract me for calling furfmonkey and sheepdog retards...as soon as you infract everyone who used the word fag and faggot in that same thread...

So now we're going to bring in qualifications for moderatorship?
I'm not defending anyone or splitting hairs, only pointing out your Hypocrisy...

apparently it is offensive since the girl referred to as a "chick fag" took offense...

If you took the time to read the thread instead of trying to be all high and mighty - "SHE" was never referred to as a "chick fag" - maybe you should try getting your facts straight .

EDIT: I have no dog in this fight ...

Last edited:
We're not going to answer this question or solve this problem by sparring with each other.

I think it is obvious that this particular slur is accepted on Bladeforums, in Whine & Cheese. If you think that's wrong, and should be changed, there are two ways to go about it. One would be persuasion, to educate others not to use it. Another would be to get a specific rule change barring it.

I'm not making that decision.

We're not going to answer this question or solve this problem by sparring with each other.

I think it is obvious that this particular slur is accepted on Bladeforums, in Whine & Cheese. If you think that's wrong, and should be changed, there are two ways to go about it. One would be persuasion, to educate others not to use it. Another would be to get a specific rule change barring it.

I'm not making that decision.

thanks for the non-inflammatory response Esav. There is a rule that bars bigotry on BFC...against groups that are apparently more acceptable than homosexuals I suppose...

If you took the time to read the thread instead of trying to be all high and mighty - "SHE" was never referred to as a "chick fag" - maybe you should try getting your facts straight .

by that logic, as long as you don't refer to a specific member as a nigger it's ok....i think my facts are straight...

/facepalm someones either trying to save the internet one post at a time or really needs attention...

..........just as some arent afraid to point out hypocrisy and trolling.

keep changing the subject Karda... the rule is simple..bigotry is not welcome on this site...M1Marty was ridden off on a rail for having a tattoo that some people speculated was racist...no proof, just someone inferring without getting an explanation...

you think I'm a bigot for using calling someone mentally retarded, then i apologise for that. I find it difficult to get my point across politely sometimes. but what I don't have any difficulty doing is calling things like i see them. There are probably gay members of this forum....there is at least one lesbian member...there are definately black members and jewish members and asian members etc...we don't make it a big joke to insult any of them but it's ok to do so for the homosexual members? how do you think it makes them feel? how do you think it makes bladeforums as a whole look? I like low brow humor as much as the next guy...but i don't like a bully and I especially don't like bullies who nitpick the rules to cover their asses..

i've lost a lot of respect for a lot of people with this thread...if i'm a rat or a grass or whatever for calling someone out like i see it, then so be it... it's another double standard that I don't worry about... it was ok to rat out LK here but when the popular crowd is breaking the rules, you're a snitch.. i will just have to live with it...

lets see.. trailing walls of text check, misguided posts taking up causes,check repeating the same thing over and over and over expecting a diff result,check, telling mods to ignore or ban him ,check,.. thank you for playing

If only you had basic reading comprehension you would have seen that the "comment" was not pointed at the object of the thread you whined about for 16 pages+ and under W&C rules is completely allowed...

apparently you have decided recently you needed more attention here on BF's interesting way to go about getting it lol

You just can't get a single post across without calling someone something....can you pete?
It makes you just as bad as anyone you are railing against.

thats because his investment in this issue is purely for entertainment or to garner any attention he can + or - ... he can't reply to anyone (mod or not) without some self serving self righteous crap and end with an insult... typical borderline personality

I think people shouldn't be so sensitive. I'm a jew and you can call me whatever you like. I am against such moderation rules but I understand why they're made... and I disagree with that too, and the reason for that is obvious: you get sensitive people complaining about the fact, and about the violations. There's no end. If people aquire thicker skin (or become altogether desensitized to such insults - perceived or otherwise) the problem would go away.
You cannot control other people, what they say or do. You CAN control your responses to what they say or do.

I think people shouldn't be so sensitive. I'm a jew and you can call me whatever you like. I am against such moderation rules but I understand why they're made... and I disagree with that too, and the reason for that is obvious: you get sensitive people complaining about the fact, and about the violations. There's no end. If people aquire thicker skin (or become altogether desensitized to such insults - perceived or otherwise) the problem would go away.
You cannot control other people, what they say or do. You CAN control your responses to what they say or do.

well said sir

IMHO bigotry is wrong in any setting. However, I also think that a complaint to the mod should only be registered by the person to whom the slur was directed. A third party could be offended by a slur but should either ask the offenders to cut it out or just leave the thread.
As far as the original thread goes, I haven't read it and probably won't.

We still live in a free country - sort of. So people are free to be fools, bigots, and self righteous prigs.

IMHO bigotry is wrong in any setting. However, I also think that a complaint to the mod should only be registered by the person to whom the slur was directed. A third party could be offended by a slur but should either ask the offenders to cut it out or just leave the thread.
As far as the original thread goes, I haven't read it and probably won't.

We still live in a free country - sort of. So people are free to be fools, bigots, and self righteous prigs.

In the thread in question, a slur was not "directed" at anyone. A word was used that a member got offended by and he posted a thread here for some other people who were supposedly offended and sent him pm's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back