is it ok to be a bigot in whine and cheese?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Pete, and have voiced my option of the use of that word in W&C. Are members here necessarily using fag as hate speak, no. But the connotation, in North America, calling someone a fag or a faggot is hateful.

the words "fag" and "faggot' have 2 very direct and different meanings... from my almost 20 yrs in nyc as a cop i never really heard the word 'fag' used as a slur... it was mostly the word "faggot".. quite the contrary whenever i worked near the village or other areas it was mostly the same sex couples or people of transgender calling each other those names... its the same usage as when someone calls something gay.. the same word can have many different meanings and uses... ive heard people use the N word lovingly even towards each other... context and usage determine a words meaning not the word itself

like it has been said many many times.. people need to get a thicker skin and not everything is a personal attack or cause to champion... then again i still believe all of this the work of an elaborate troll or attention seeker

like it has been said many many times.. people need to get a thicker skin and not everything is a personal attack or cause to champion... then again i still believe all of this the work of an elaborate troll or attention seeker

That will be Sparks call, this is his house.

By the way...calling someone a troll or attention seeker because they voiced a concern in S&S isn't called for and doesn't lend credence to your opinion.

When we are at it lets change the name from W&C to the Politically Correct forum ,
and appoint special PC-nanny´s to keep the innocent children from hearing & seeing
anything bad ,,,,,:eek:

Or you can read what it says on top of the W&C forum and the community sticky and stay out
if you know you´re sensitive , mkay ?

1234,,,,,,:rolleyes:

im not trying to win an internet popularity contest merely point out the painfully obvious

By the way...calling someone a troll or attention seeker because they voiced a concern in S&S isn't called for and doesn't lend credence to your opinion.

try reading the 16+ pages of Johnny Toolbags nonsense in W&C and unlike some people i could care less about my internet "rep" i have a RL

but this forum is not the place for this so ill refer you to his thread in W&C and restrict my response to my above comments

Last edited:
I personally think that the world has really become superficial... Whatever happened to the first ammendment? FREEDOM OF SPEACH. I live in America for a reason, but now just a year or so back they made "nigger" illegal to say, and if heard you will be fined, which i find RIDICUOUS... esspecially considering african-americans tend to use the same word to one another as a "friendly" word to one another..

I think that the world is becoming a bunch of SOFT people, and think that they should take a step back, take a breathe and realize WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT HE CALLED/SAID TO ME... You should be your own person, nobody is oppressing you, nobody is doing anything wrong by voicing their opinion... Once we start trying to CONTROL what people can say, well... then i guess we aren't much better then an oppressive country after-all...

Im not with either side of this arguement .. ill put it this way, so nobody comes at me in the wrong way... I just think that the world is just a tad bit soft now, and everybody should wake up and see that no matter what rule is set in place by WHOMEVER.. People are still going to talk the same way one way or another... Some live in a wonderland i guess and others live in a false-sense of security, and over-react when they hear something like it....

Just my 2 cents..

Relax and toughen up a bit...

he is an instigator, a troll, and a bigot...oh, and on ignore...:)

When we are at it lets change the name from W&C to the Politically Correct forum ,
and appoint special PC-nanny´s to keep the innocent children from hearing & seeing
anything bad ,,,,,:eek:

Or you can read what it says on top of the W&C forum and the community sticky and stay out
if you know you´re sensitive , mkay ?

1234,,,,,,:rolleyes:

you keep saying read what it says on top of the whine and cheese forum...have you ever read the rules to the site? especially the one on racism and bigotry that i posted above? i guess the whine and cheese suggestion supercedes the sitewide rules...i stand corrected...

and for all of the people saying since it wasn't directed at a specific person it is ok...wtf do you get the logic in that?? so it is ok to be prejudiced against a jewis person as long as you don't direct the slur specifically at them?

that is idiocy...plain and simple..

Not sure why really but I'm going to weigh in on this long pointless thread. Somebody really hit it on the head when they wrote about continually saying the same thing and expecting a different result. Damn it does get irritating.

OK, OP. Through the weight of your constant, repetitive whining: I pledge never to use the slur "chick fag" in a conversation (not that it's ever come up anyway"; Furthermore, should I ever be engaged in conversation - or even in hearing range of someone who uses the notorious slur - I will berate the offender, stomp my feet and hold my breath until they pledge to never, ever, use that nefarious phrase again. Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye! There now, you can breathe again.

Get over yourself and get a life. . .

To everyone else: What happens to thirsty plants when you quit watering them? Just food for thought. . .

moved....
lemo.png

Last edited:
racism is frowned upon in every part of this site but apparently in whine and cheese it is ok to call a lesbian person a "chick fag" with no repercussions? and apparently it is ok to throw the word "fag" around with impunity because it isn't as offensive as, say, the word "nigger," "chink," "kike," "wop," or "spic"? apparently it is offensive since the girl referred to as a "chick fag" took offense...

I keep seeing the "keep out if you are easily offended" quote thrown around and around, but no one seems to have read the rule re: racism/bigotry:

so what is it? which rule supercedes which? the whine and cheese abandon hope all ye who enter warning? or the rule giving out 30 points for racism/bigotry?

is it or is it not ok to be a bigot and racist in whine and cheese without fear of a 30 point infraction?

ETA: before someone asks, yes, i reported the original post but nothing was done...

Pete, you have the emotional aptitude of a 12 year old girl. Your signature line gave it away originally but all your whining since just shows that Pete is gonna be grumpy till Pete gets what he wants.

Avoiding W&C altogether - as Brother Spark kindly allowed me to do when he created the PG Platinum membership - is another way to resolve the issue of which slur is a good slur and which is not. I think that Bladeforums would be a better place if W&C did not even exist, but at least we have options to avoid it.

Last edited:
Pete, you have the emotional aptitude of a 12 year old girl. Your signature line gave it away originally but all your whining since just shows that Pete is gonna be grumpy till Pete gets what he wants.

Yep, that about sums it up. . .

thanks to the noobs for telling me how it is. at least one of them ponied up to support the forum...BPGreen, you're missing the point, and i tire of explaining it ad nauseum. I have a solution for you...if you don't like the thread, don't read it...

sheepdog...as I said, your opinion means nothing, you have contributed nothing to bfc thus far that i can see, and the only advice i can give you is to read more and post less. welcome to my ignore list with the other two pot stirrers...;) nice dig at the sig line though...i use it because it relates to my profession...i thought you were a "sheep dog" protecting the poor little sheep...good job at it :rolleyes:

that said, who are you two guys again?

powernoodle, it's not whine and cheese's fault that some people pick and choose what rules at bfc they choose to follow...no new rules need to be made because there is already a rule against this behavior and has been at least as long as i have been a member here. The rule against bigotry and racism has been in effect since day one as far as i know...

ok, let me rephrase my concern and direct it to the one person who's opinion counts in the matter: Spark- is the use of the word fag or faggot considered bigotry under the bigotry/racism rule set forth on bladeforums? if you say it is, then it is, and if you say it isn't, i won't mention the topic again.

if you do decide that the use of the word fag or faggot constitutes bigotry, will it be tolerated in whine and cheese? will other racist or bigoted slurs be tolerated in whine and cheese?

Thanks for your time and sorry for the shit storm...

Pete

ETA: furfmonkey...you keep responding to my posts here and in whine and cheese...seriously...why waste the time? i really can't read them since you are on my ignore list. don't bother responding because i won't see that either... :)

Pete's expressing his opinion in the appropriate forum. If you don't like it then you're welcome to counter with an actual argument.

On a side note, Pete being called a troll is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back